Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2015 scat pack and yesterday both lights from both doors stopped working at the same time, im talking about the puddle lights that turn on when you open the door. i have extra lights that go down there brand new and they dont work either which eliminates the possibility of the light itself not working.. im thinking maybe a fuse, but i dont know what fuse would make this lights stop working. any advice is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
394 Posts
It would not be a fuse unless all of your courtesy lights are out. They should each go their their individual door controller too, ruling that out.

Are all of you other courtesy lights working... footwell, inner door handle, and those pointless ones behind the seats in the headliner?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Double check your ambient light dimmer control. It's the wheel control to the right of the instrument dimmer control wheel.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would not be a fuse unless all of your courtesy lights are out. They should each go their their individual door controller too, ruling that out.

Are all of you other courtesy lights working... footwell, inner door handle, and those pointless ones behind the seats in the headliner?
footwell, and useless ones behind the seats only when the car is fully on, engine on and footwells are very dim, if its just in the run positon engine off they dont come on, i did move the dimmer and nothing

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
394 Posts
I think we discovered in another thread that the body control module puts outs a reduced voltage when the car is not in run, however the lights should still work. To me is sounds like there is a spike in resistance somewhere in the system. I believe your useless lights are still LEDs, so that is probably not it. However your foot well lights on a 2015 should still be 194s. I have had a problem with my truck where the 194/168 was still working, but it was on its last leg and that caused some weird lighting issues. I would head to your local auto parts store and pick up a pair of the LED ones and throw them in the foot well and see what that brings. Unless, you know, you want to be a mechanic and have a multi-meter and want to troubleshoot before you break out the parts shotgun.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Double check your ambient light dimmer control. It's the wheel control to the right of the instrument dimmer control wheel.
i did, they still dont work
I think we discovered in another thread that the body control module puts outs a reduced voltage when the car is not in run, however the lights should still work. To me is sounds like there is a spike in resistance somewhere in the system. I believe your useless lights are still LEDs, so that is probably not it. However your foot well lights on a 2015 should still be 194s. I have had a problem with my truck where the 194/168 was still working, but it was on its last leg and that caused some weird lighting issues. I would head to your local auto parts store and pick up a pair of the LED ones and throw them in the foot well and see what that brings. Unless, you know, you want to be a mechanic and have a multi-meter and want to troubleshoot before you break out the parts shotgun.
i will buy some and try that after work, they aren’t expensive anyways

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no luck, anyways i figure i can just tap those wires onto another set of wires that light up when opening the doors only, my question is where or which wires can i tap into so that my puddle lights work when opening the door only?

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
394 Posts
Courtesy lights are probably still the yellow/violet with your model year. I would definitely check the dimmer switch again before splicing wires. There are two side by side. Could be as easy as changing that panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.