Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 300 miles on my new RT and already scuffs & marks are showing on the paint at the door sill due to lack of protection.
Is there anything you recommend? I've seen online many options, from MOPAR and aftermarket. Any word of advice?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Reactions: razteo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These come from China, but are the exact thing you get from Mopar, for over $100 less.

Stainless Steel Door Sill Scuff Plate Guards For 2008 - 2016 Dodge Challenger | eBay

Here are some vinyl inserts if you want to do a specific color instead of polished.

CHALLENGER sill plate DECAL / STICKER OVERLAY fits 2011 2012 DODGE CHALLENGER | eBay

They look pretty good, especially for the price.
Is that adhesive going to last? The MOPAR door sills on my Jeep I added had a wide continuous embedded adhesive strip on the bottom that was rock solid.

·
Registered
734 Posts
They look pretty good, especially for the price.
Is that adhesive going to last? The MOPAR door sills on my Jeep I added had a wide continuous embedded adhesive strip on the bottom that was rock solid.
You can also add more 3M tape. I have had on my Challenger for over 4 years with no issues and I have 99,600+ miles. Cheers!

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Had the Mopar ones on my '10. 4 1/2 years, 43k miles, and no issues.

May add these to my SP at some point. Paint still looks good, no scuffs, but if it gets looking shabby, on with the sill plates :)

Best of luck, and these are a nice "touch" to the Challengers

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
I like the Mopar style (have them on both of mine) - I like the edge that curves over the sill. It protects that edge as well as the top from scuffs, chips from shoe / boot heels and soles.

Not only a dress up item, but its functional as well.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
These come from China, but are the exact thing you get from Mopar, for over $100 less.

Stainless Steel Door Sill Scuff Plate Guards For 2008 - 2016 Dodge Challenger | eBay

Here are some vinyl inserts if you want to do a specific color instead of polished.

CHALLENGER sill plate DECAL / STICKER OVERLAY fits 2011 2012 DODGE CHALLENGER | eBay

I had the MOPAR ones on my '09 and ordered the Chinese ones for my '15. Exactly the same. I painted the letters on mine by hand but for $12 the inserts sound a lot better!

·
Registered
346 Posts
American Brothers makes a real nice one out of billet aluminum. You can chose your paint color for the wording. But yes they are pricy.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I like the Mopar style (have them on both of mine) - I like the edge that curves over the sill. It protects that edge as well as the top from scuffs, chips from shoe / boot heels and soles.

Not only a dress up item, but its functional as well.
Agree, I'm a mountain and road biker so I'm constantly putting on biking shoes and these stills keeps me from scratching the car. Highly recommend them. I had the billet ones in my 2013 Redline but as mentioned the curves over the still gives it extra protection...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had the same issue especially with my 4 year old getting in and out of the back. I'm not a fan of eBay stuff but I wanted something quick while I figured out a permanent solution. Now 1 year later I still have it on the car. The vinyl and cutout are coated in a matte/satin finish that resists scuffs. Door Sill Plate Protectors Black Matte Vinyl Fits Dodge Challenger 2008-2016 | eBay

Just a note, my car is pitch black, and I was hoping for a little of the challenger logo to show through but it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had the same issue especially with my 4 year old getting in and out of the back. I'm not a fan of eBay stuff but I wanted something quick while I figured out a permanent solution. Now 1 year later I still have it on the car. The vinyl and cutout are coated in a matte/satin finish that resists scuffs. Door Sill Plate Protectors Black Matte Vinyl Fits Dodge Challenger 2008-2016 | eBay

Just a note, my car is pitch black, and I was hoping for a little of the challenger logo to show through but it's barely noticeable.
i got the same one for my '17 sp yj. had the chrome one on my '09 r/t which i loved but didn't want chrome on the sp as has so little chrome. mine is over 7 months old & shows no wear & like gir usually not a fan of fleabay. since mine is yj challenger shows threw great.

Reactions: WorkPlayDrive
1 - 13 of 13 Posts