Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another forum, but didn't realize it wasn't the correct group.

Im hoping someone can point me to a video on removing a piece of the molding. I'm running the radar detector wire from the mirror, down the driver A pillar and then up under the footwell to the center console for the smart cord. There is a piece of plastic molding down the door frame from the A pillar to the door sill I'd like to take off and put the wires behind it. I don't want to break anything though in the attempt of taking it off nor so I know if something else needs to come off first. Can anybody help with photos or a video?

2016 SP Challenger.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
You pull that straight back, it's held in with big clips, but it is also attached/connected to the inner plastic door threshold so you will pull that up too. Also there is a small panel attached to the side of the dash you have to pull that off first before the molding, it also has clips, use a plastic removal tool. A plastic tool will keep you from marring the plastic surfaces. I will take photos tomorrow morning if no one else has any.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I have the prying tools, but still not sure where to pry or what to pry first.

Not sure what you mean by the inner plastic door threshold. Any pics would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,848 Posts
Lower left curved piece

024.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I need the one off above that that's tucked under the side of the dash. I tried to pull off the side of the dash, but after pulling it off most of the way, the top back corner seems to not one to pop off. Felt like I was going to break something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,848 Posts
I understand but...

Not sure what you mean by the inner plastic door threshold. Any pics would be great!
All these pieces are snapped on, but understand your concern about breaking one!

A Guy

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
That piece with the air vent needs to come off first. Then the rest just pull out. Some u will have to yank pretty hard but the plastic is new and not brittle so it will come off without breaking. I've had this pieces off a couple dozen times at least.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts