Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been lurking here since I sold my SRT8 Charger a few years ago in anticipation of the 6.4L coming out this year. I waited until the spring to order my Billet Silver SRT8 figuring I'd have it in time for the summer season. Dealer tells me today that the paint is still restricted because of the earthquake :fight:

Orange is the only color ordering right now....... so away I went unhappy waiting for a call from him to let me know when the restriction is lifted. You'd think the supplier would have come up with an alternate location by now....it's been a month.

This was preceeded this afternoon by my call to Cervini about the Shaker Hood only to be told the 08-10 shaker does not fit on the 11 SRT8 because they need to redisign it to fit the intake. They're hoping to have it ready by the end of the year. He did say they are currently working on it. I was all set to order it and have it painted and ready to install when the car arrived.......... I'll keep waiting I guess.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
I had heard that there are two other places that can fill in for the paint issue but auto manufactures don't think the quality is good enough. That is the problem.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can still order White too correct?

I would think so but the dealer memo he showed me said they are only accepting orders for the orange. Maybe their memo had an ommission.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Give the guy a break, he is just trying to let people know he is excited for his car. If you do gooders really give a crap about the the people in japan, you would sell your car and sent the money to them. But I doubt your doing that. So back off this guy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
C'mon guys, the guy is a Challenger fan and I'm also sure he feels sorry about Japan also....he is out of luck right now...don't make him feel worse.
Jezz....nice way to scare away new members....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Didn't say I was better or doing more than him, just stating I'm not going to complain when my gameboy doesn't come in the mail next week. I was trying to do that in a sarcastic way as that is my sense of humor, I see now that I have offended some people. Please don't leave the forums, that was not my intentions and yes I can empathize with your unfortunate circumstances...

·
Registered
330 Posts
i really dont mean to be "that guy" and sound like an *******, and i do get why some people would want to pre order their car to their own specs, but i have to say ive heard nothing but drama and bs from those people who pre-ordered their cars. i dont know how it is else wheere but here in california (ive been to dealerships in both northern and southern ca) i have seen dealers with new just about every color 392 for sale. i went to 4 dealers in the so cal area last weekend. saw the ie blue/white, the i.e white/blue, the toxic orange 392, the black with white stripes 392, the black with silver 392, a inferno red 392, a silver 392, the only color i have really yet tosee in person is the green. these cars here in ca at least seem to be easily available as ive seen them sitting at the lot for over a week. it just seems like it is so much easier to wait and just go buy the car at the lot.

seems to me at least when you pre order, the dealer already has your money so they could care less how fast and when you get your ride... just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
yea, unless you want green(yuck,imo) just go buy one, jiminy crickets, there are thousands out there, and a boatload of used ones, with the money you save you can put two superchargers on one and kick any 392's a$$...backwards! just bustin guys, do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i really dont mean to be "that guy" and sound like an *******, and i do get why some people would want to pre order their car to their own specs, but i have to say ive heard nothing but drama and bs from those people who pre-ordered their cars. i dont know how it is else wheere but here in california (ive been to dealerships in both northern and southern ca) i have seen dealers with new just about every color 392 for sale. i went to 4 dealers in the so cal area last weekend. saw the ie blue/white, the i.e white/blue, the toxic orange 392, the black with white stripes 392, the black with silver 392, a inferno red 392, a silver 392, the only color i have really yet tosee in person is the green. these cars here in ca at least seem to be easily available as ive seen them sitting at the lot for over a week. it just seems like it is so much easier to wait and just go buy the car at the lot.

seems to me at least when you pre order, the dealer already has your money so they could care less how fast and when you get your ride... just my 2 pennies

I tried to buy off the lot and tried to do a locate but no one was able to find the Billet with the stripe delete. The dealer offered to find one with stripes and take them off but I told him no. I didn't want to take the chance of there being paint damage or sun fade or anything else. If the paint keeps the orders closed maybe I'll consider locating one with stripes but right now I don't want the stripes.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i found 23 of them on Cars.com
nm,nv,(2)tx,(4)ca,tn,ma,ne,vt,(4)fl,al,az,oh,(2)pa,ga

find your nearest one and buy it

id never order a car from Dodge again...the experience sucked...ordering a car from them means your last in line...you will get one directly from the dealer much quicker than ordering and waiting...when they start painting Billet again the dealers will be first in line and you will sit a month or 2 until their orders are done

drive 100-200 miles and get your car today

good luck

and as far as the paint issue: i have atleast (2)backups for each of my suppliers in my business. if a supplier goes under or cant get a product i go to my backup....i never make the customer wait...Shame on Dodge for having all of its eggs in 1 basket in Japan....the good news on the Billet from Japan- when it finally ships again your car will glow 'sublime' in the dark...silver by day/sublime glow in the dark by night

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i found 23 of them on Cars.com
nm,nv,(2)tx,(4)ca,tn,ma,ne,vt,(4)fl,al,az,oh,(2)pa,ga

find your nearest one and buy it

I've looked at cars.com. Within 150 miles of me there is 1 2011 Billet Metallic and it has stripes.

I have ordered several cars over the years and have never experienced a problem. I always got what I ordered and most often several weeks before they said it would arrive. I have no problems waiting, I'll wait for the 2012 models if the restriction stays in place to long.

I have also found that I get a much better deal when I order because it costs the dealer nothing. It is not uncommon for me to get 1/2 the holdback as well because the dealer does not lay out a dime in stocking, advertising, or paying interest on the car.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You don't have to worry about removing the stripes, they come off easy and have not been on long enough to cause any fading issues on the surrounding surfaces. Goehner had them removed from his IE392. You could ask him if there are any issues. Wait it out if you want, but I wouldn't be worried about it too much. Good luck.:)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.