Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
While I really like the classic wheels, and I really like the classic stripes, it just doesn't look good to me to have two different colored stripes.

Leaving the R/T on the classic stripes is a double foul.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
While I really like the classic wheels, and I really like the classic stripes, it just doesn't look good to me to have two different colored stripes.

Leaving the R/T on the classic stripes is a double foul.

They are not Classic wheels! Classics don't fit over Brembos, they are AR's or some other aftermarket wheels. I wonder how a dealership can warranty that???

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Those aren't the classic wheels. Looks to be chrome Torque Thrust M's

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
They are not Classic wheels! Classics don't fit over Brembos, they are AR's or some other aftermarket wheels. I wonder how a dealership can warranty that???
Should have been more clear, classic "looking."

·
Registered
557 Posts
It is a used car with 2600 miles on it. Maybe the previous owner made the changes?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its because the r/t classic looks so much better than the srt, j/k j/k, I know that the srt guys will be howling at that one, with the options mine had I could have gotten an srt, but the looks of it are too subtle for me, and I like the 71 style stripe the r/t classic has and the wheels which is why I bought it, It was PCP Classic or no challenger for me, I had another love from the ford camp that was hard to break for my chally. I think they either ought to get the srt decal I have seen that replaces the r/t or take off the srt badges, I think the twin stripes look dumpy with nothing behind them.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
that is odd...the carbon fiber on the hood doesnt fit well with the gloss white side stripes. i dont care if it said SRT instead of R/T it doesnt make sense. i bet it was the previous owner

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
White R/T side stripes on a SRT with black hood stripes? Come on. Who in the world is going to buy that?

Only Challenger I've seen in worse taste was a hemi orange made up and advertised like the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee. I'm sorry, but didn't they drive a Charger?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well, I am about to install some type of badging on my SRT. It will go on the side of my SS hood. It will be "372 cu. in. HEMI" instead of "6.1 HEMI". Would that be the same as "down badging"? I am looking for "old school".

·
Registered
474 Posts
When I purchase my car I was dealing on a PCP R/T Classic and a PCP SRT. Frankly, I absolutely love the R/T Classic and if I had not been able to get the SRT for the price I did the R/T Classic would be in the garage and I would be a happy camper and never look back. The R/T Classic for those in my age group is what is remembered when we first saw the Challengers on the lots in the ‘70s.

I would not put R/T Classic black or white side strips on my SRT but, if someone had carbon fiber R/T Classic strips that matched the hood then they would be on my car assuming they said SRT instead of R/T.

A dealer in Bonham, Texas has a PCP SRT that they have added R/T Classic white strips on and did the interior in white. Car is currently on eBay.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Well, I am about to install some type of badging on my SRT. It will go on the side of my SS hood. It will be "372 cu. in. HEMI" instead of "6.1 HEMI". Would that be the same as "down badging"? I am looking for "old school".
no, because you are representing exactly what is under the hood. it would be down badging if you put 345 like the 5.7

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well remove the carbon fiber stripes then. This car can be made to look good with little effort. The high price is what is not going to make this car sell. The new pcp is a little dark so a dark stripe doesnt show up as well, but on the 70 aar cuda clone my dad had it showed up better. I def would get rid the hood stripe

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No, that would be upbadging. It's 370 cu. in.

·
Registered
688 Posts
According to my math and a metric converter, it comes out to "6.1 Litre " = "372.2448389778669 cu. in.". I am willing to listen if I have missed anything.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
According to my math and a metric converter, it comes out to "6.1 Litre " = "372.2448389778669 cu. in.". I am willing to listen if I have missed anything.
You're assuming that it's exactly 6.1L.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're assuming that it's exactly 6.1L.
Exactly, if you calculate the engine size you find that the 6.1 is actually 6.056 liters.

After conversion, that comes out to 369.55 cubic inches.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts