Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2016 SXT, and I've noticed when I'm applying the brakes it jerks a little when I slow down. Feels like it happens when it downshifts from 2nd. It's not horrible, but definitely noticable. Doesn't happen any other time. I read this is fairly normal in sport mode, but this happens without it. Is this normal?
BTW it's an automatic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Recently purchased a 2016 SXT, and I've noticed when I'm applying the brakes it jerks a little when I slow down. Feels like it happens when it downshifts from 2nd. It's not horrible, but definitely noticable. Doesn't happen any other time. I read this is fairly normal in sport mode, but this happens without it. Is this normal?
BTW it's an automatic.

It's normal to feel the trannie downshift on it's own as your braking. It feels a little more pronounced when it jumps down to first than it does in the other gears. This is normal. Try driving the SRT. That big engine really grabs the car when it's decelerating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm good with it as long as it's normal. Just wanted to take advantage of the warranty if it wasn't.
I'll gladly drive an SRT, just don't want the payment.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I definitely thought something wasn't right initially. From fourth gear down if I'm on the brake, it feels like the transmission holds then releases each gear rather than being a smooth downshift. But it seems that that's how it operates and I've grown used to it so I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I definitely thought something wasn't right initially. From fourth gear down if I'm on the brake, it feels like the transmission holds then releases each gear rather than being a smooth downshift. But it seems that that's how it operates and I've grown used to it so I don't even notice it anymore.
I don't ever want to live without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts