Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could be. If you watch this video it's not hard to imagine.

The question is......when you've come to that place where it's clear you want to step up from a fast Street car to an actual race car what do you buy when the Demon just isn't fast enough anymore? So now you've accepted the idea of a Trailer it to the track car.

The obvious answer should be the new Challenger Drag Pak.......except that Dodge has made it pretty hard to get.

Anyway.....here you go......the answer to what can make a Mopar guy a Ford guy.......and it's all FCA's fault too for having made the obvious car for this man too hard to get...... someone better wake up at Dodge......before it's too late and you lose the free video promotion.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stop the video at 22:59 and it's easy to see where and why his Demon is NEVER gonna be same again.........do this a few times and if you ain't scared....... there is no going back.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't think Dodge is focused on one youtuber or for that matter people who trailer their car to the track.
I think you're right........and honestly.......that seems pretty stupid to me.

What use is the Drag Pak if not to promote the brand in a "Win on Sunday to sell on Monday" effort?

This guy is FREE PROMOTION for Dodge over the last 2 years. His "hits" on his videos come in HUGE NUMBERS and he's a squeaky clean always postive sounding "good guy" that even Chevy and Ford guys like and respect.

In short. If he wants to buy one FCA should find him a Drag Pak car assuming he is serious about going to the next level.

I saw a man who's never going to see his Demon as a "Fast car" again in this video.

Any of us who've ever gone to the drag strip on a regular basis knows how that get's fixed....... a replacement for the drag strip is coming. The only question now.......will it be a Dodge Challenger race car or the easier to acquire Ford Mustang race car?

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
76 Posts
I agree
I think you're right........and honestly.......that seems pretty stupid to me.

What use is the Drag Pak if not to promote the brand in a "Win on Sunday to sell on Monday" effort?

This guy is FREE PROMOTION for Dodge over the last 2 years. His "hits" on his videos come in HUGE NUMBERS and he's a squeaky clean always postive sounding "good guy" that even Chevy and Ford guys like and respect.

In short. If he wants to buy one FCA should find him a Drag Pak car assuming he is serious about going to the next level.

I saw a man who's never going to see his Demon as a "Fast car" again in this video.

Any of us who've ever gone to the drag strip on a regular basis knows how that get's fixed....... a replacement for the drag strip is coming. The only question now.......will it be a Dodge Challenger race car or the easier to acquire Ford Mustang race car?
I agree with your above statements. Really Dodge is making a fortune off the current generation LX platform cars (Challenger/Charger)

Dodge should be able to build a whole slew of Drag Pack cars, cars that feature the Hellcat engine in a super base model and not charge the hell out of us for it.

Ford gets it - they sell Cobra Jets, and their base pony cars offer engines that can hold damn near 1,000HP for DIRT CHEAP.

Dodge is getting rich and I dont blame them, but it makes for a certain purchasing base, typically snobby, and full of badge elites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts