Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to improve my 60' times. I'm getting 1.77 to 1.80's mostly. I am running 18x5 fronts and MT ET S/S DR's on some 17x9.5 Race Star wheels. No spinning or hopping usually. Car is stock in everything else.
1) does disconnecting the front sway bar help? Are you removing it completely or disconnecting it and wire tying it to the frame?
2) are there any 90/10 drag shocks avail for a 2017?
3) would a different rear gear make a difference?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. (Maybe just add a 100 shot of N2O and not worry about the 60' times?)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I took my front sway bar off and haven’t made it to the track to tell you how much it helped if any. Shed weight and letting the front travel more planting more weight on the rears always helps. I had 3.07,3.92, and now 4.30 gears. 3800 stall converter and 5.7 motor I cut a 1.58. 125 shot I was having a little trouble hooking but did cut a 1.52

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
84 Posts
Looking to improve my 60' times. I'm getting 1.77 to 1.80's mostly. I am running 18x5 fronts and MT ET S/S DR's on some 17x9.5 Race Star wheels. No spinning or hopping usually. Car is stock in everything else.
1) does disconnecting the front sway bar help? Are you removing it completely or disconnecting it and wire tying it to the frame?
2) are there any 90/10 drag shocks avail for a 2017?
3) would a different rear gear make a difference?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. (Maybe just add a 100 shot of N2O and not worry about the 60' times?)
Look into A2speed coil overs for the rear - they offer drag dedicated setups. They are expensive at 900, but they claim can drop 60ft by a 10th or a 10th and a half.

Also look into BMR lower control arms to help. Also try staging and pumping the brakes 3 times, and try to stall the converter as high as you can, and fast roll into the throttle. Helps me a ton with street hits, and even better on the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts