Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am planning to find out the answer to that tonight! Since the last track runs literally went up in smoke, I am done trying to push the limits of the 235 wide all-season radials that came on the car. My goal was to get into the 12's on the stock tires with just the Techco CAI, MBRP Catback, 85mm TB and Diablo. I ran a 12.87 with a 1.89 60' and I have to say, I am very, very satisfied!

So, the next phase involves some drag radials, and my choice is the Mickey Thompson ET Streets. I don't have real wide DRs, just some 245s mounted on my original wheels, but we'll see how they do tonight. I am going to run them with my current naturally aspirated set-up (see above) first to see how much that might be able to improve with just the DRs. Then I'll run the car with the 125 shot of ZEX and see what happens! I may be getting a tow home, and order some new axles tomorrow, but I am not planning to spray right off the line to try and avoid any axle issues. I'll be sure and report back on what happens with both of the tests tonight!

Time to get them on the car, more pics and hopefully track times to follow a bit later!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Re: Drag Radials + 540 RWTQ = ___?___ for BMC's Challenger R/T

I wish I was there to cheer you on. But I guess I'll just try not to freeze my a$$ off up here in Canada. Good luck! I predict low 12.7s with an easy launch then the happy gas.

:) Colin

·
Registered
642 Posts

Im headed out of town tomorrow morning, flight is at 6:00 so please post resuls tonight so I dont have to wait.......Good luck....here come the 11's

·
Registered
642 Posts

Lisa what time will you guys be back?

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Lisa what time will you guys be back?
I think the track shuts down at 10p so depending on how late we stay, I'd say 10:30 at the latest I'd be back home.

Awesome! Good luck Lisa and Chris!

PM coming your way...
Thanks!! Chris aka Mikey won't be there to film though as he has other plans tonight. :( But I'll report back!

·
Registered
380 Posts

Hey,

Did you get a new cover for your chally or an update I saw the engine cover with an orange instead of gray plank in the center? That looks pretty cool. Good luck on the runs, i don't think you'll need it though.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts

Good luck tonite Lisa. I look for 11"s with the Nos. will be waiting to find out. Be safe.

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey,

Did you get a new cover for your chally or an update I saw the engine cover with an orange instead of gray plank in the center? That looks pretty cool. Good luck on the runs, i don't think you'll need it though.
No, that cover in the pic is a customer's (Daytona Charger) we are custom painting for him ... it will be Sublime!

·
Registered
642 Posts

10:28, cant stay up to much longer I have to be at the airport by 5:30 in the morning. I want to see the results though.......

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sorry, guys, I just got home! They kept the track open a bit later. I ran twice with the nitrous, and only sprayed from about 30' off the line. Ran a 11.971 @ 113.54 and then a 11.978 @ 114.58. The car is fabulous feeling, and very consistent as you can see with those super close ETs.

I will post a thread with the time slips and details, but wanted to get the post here, especially for Brandon. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts

Thats GREAT Lisa!!!!!! Congrads......I cant wait to get out to the track. Tomorrow let us know how it hooked and all the details.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Wow! very impressive.. :)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Way to go Lisa, You the Girl. Great time for the big Car. To bad you can't put the car on a diet and get rid of some of that rolling mass. can't wait to hear more. another record??

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I know this is an oldie, but it is a goodie. Lisa was the first 5.7 challenger in the 12's NA hen the first in the 11's with a power adder back in 2009. Eventually ending in the mid 11's with a 125 shot. For those looking to increase power and lower track times, nitrous is a great way to turn your 5.7 into an 11 second car without a lot of extensive modding, let us know how we can help!

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, how I loved (and miss) that car. So much fun testing all those products at the track!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts