Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm willing to change tires at the track. I've discovered my NT555R drag radials are great on the street but wouldn't hook at the track. So I'm looking at M&H 275/50/17 drag radials or Hoosier 28x10x17 drag slicks.

Anyone running the M&H 325/45/17 on a 10" rim?

Love to hear your opinions and advice.

BTW I have Weld RT-S 17x10 polished wheels inbound ( Thanks jbuddah! )

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I've heard great things about the M&H but can only give you feedback on what i've run at the track. Like yourself I tried the the nitto's with no luck so I went with the hoosier 28-10 slick. Leaving at idle I run 1.6 60ft so I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yeah the 325s would probably be a little to tight, both M&H and Hoosier will treat you right though. I had 275/50/17 M&H Racemasters and loved them, now I have 275/40/17 MT ETs (wanted a shorter tire for better gearing) and they suck compared to the M&Hs. Good thing about the M&Hs, you can legally run them on the street if need be too.

Oh and your gonna love the Welds, I just saw them in person at our local show'n shine Saturday. They look great and are very light!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I run the M&H DRs and like them pretty good. The problem with the slicks is that you need to run a matched tire on the front or the car can walk around on ya. Just ask TooFart haha.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hoosier DRs stick like glue and will allow you to run in Street if you bracket race. It's basically a slick with two little rain grooves. Way better than Nitto if you plan to only run them at the track. I've got hundreds of passes on mine with big burn-outs and they are just now getting to the wear indicators.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
DO you have a 6 speed or auto?

If it was me 6 speed = drag radials, auto = slicks.

With an auto you have less chance breaking anything compared to a clutch where you could do a 6000 rpm dump.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
had nittos on the red TA in my signature, total waste of money, they would not hook at all. went to full slicks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are going on my supercharged charger which is an auto. But Im sure I'll take the 392 down sooner or later it's a 6 speed.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
slicks are the way to go if you are serious but be prepared to break something if the tires hook hard. its always the weakest link. people can get into the 9's with drag radials. its more the driver though.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
my old TA and other old TA.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great pics! How much hp was the red ta putting out? Must be a bit scary the fist time the fronts lift like that.

Lots of good info... Still a tough call. Weels will be here next wed so I have a couple more days to talk and listen.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
TA was putting out 508 hp and 490 torque. never got a good picture of it lifting the front end but it would pull the front end a good 30 inches to the bottom of the tires. had QAL 12 way adjustable shocks all around and removed the front sway bar. had 4.56 gears on it to get the rpm's up really fast.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
IMO if you hitting the track, my choice is the Hoosier 28x10 wrinkle walls. Stick like glue. I run an auto with a stall that leaves at 4000 and it leaves straight. I only trap 116 out back it dont move around much in mine, does some just not bad to me. I do have the stock radials up front.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input - Just ordered the hoosier 28x10x17.

Recommended PSI to start at? 18? And mount and balance like any other tire?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
start at 18 is good, I ran my slicks at 14 pounds. yes I balanced my slicks and skinnies.

What wheels work on the SRT Bremo brakes?

I had bogart RT's on my TA.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
start at 18 is good, I ran my slicks at 14 pounds. yes I balanced my slicks and skinnies.

What wheels work on the SRT Bremo brakes?

I had bogart RT's on my TA.
The 17" Welds, Bogarts, and mustang cobra replicas will all go over the Brembos.
The replicas are the cheapest way to go, but I plan to buy some Welds or Bogarts soon to fit over the Brembos. I borrowed a friends bogarts for CF2 and loved the look!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
We run Weld 17" x 10" wheels with M&H 325/45R17s. Great combo. Need to be heated up real good or tires won't bite.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought jbuddah's 17x10 welds w/high pads. The clear the brembos and I checked with weld and they will clear the Baer Big Brake 6p brakes I have on my Charger.

I've got 245/40/20 boss 338s on the front - okay to run with those to start? One dude suggested running a pair of spare tires up front.

Also - do a full burnout with the slicks? Linelock required? And finally the launch - roll into it like I was trying with my DRs on mash down on the pedal? Power brake?

I can't wait to try these out, but I'm heading for the hills trout fishing for 10 days so I'll have to wait til I get back.

I'm going to run a couple times out our local 1/8 mile tracks then head to the Autoclub in fontana on the 30th of July.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
We have a linelock installed in our auto. Makes for a lot easier burnouts.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts