Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input - I'm looking for recommendations on drag race slicks. I'm not interested in the street/track combo tires. For the SRT, which wheel size would you recommend, which tire size would you recommend. I prefer to have input with those that have used the application they recommend.

Thank you for your time.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
The Hoosier 17" 28x10 drag slicks are really your only option on a bias ply tire:

Hoosier Drag Slick 28X10-17 18157

We recommend the Welds:

Weld Racing 17x10 SRT-8 Challenger/LX Black Center- Polished Rim Rear 71HB7100B67A

or the Bogarts:

HHP Ultra-Lite 3-Piece Bolted 17x10 Aluminum Rear Drag Rim HHPDRAGR

These are the only wheels we've run that are a 5x115 bolt pattern and don't require spacers, either, that are dangerous to run on cars making some decent power... plus they fit over the hubs.

Also, front 17x5 skinny's are also available from both companies.

Joshua, HHP

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
The Hoosier 17" 28x10 drag slicks are really your only option on a bias ply tire:

Hoosier Drag Slick 28X10-17 18157

We recommend the Welds:

Weld Racing 17x10 SRT-8 Challenger/LX Black Center- Polished Rim Rear 71HB7100B67A

or the Bogarts:

HHP Ultra-Lite 3-Piece Bolted 17x10 Aluminum Rear Drag Rim HHPDRAGR

These are the only wheels we've run that are a 5x115 bolt pattern and don't require spacers, either, that are dangerous to run on cars making some decent power... plus they fit over the hubs.

Also, front 17x5 skinny's are also available from both companies.
Joshua, HHP
Josh, What do the Welds weigh ? Links show the Bogart 17 x 10's at 19 lbs. but no spec on the Weld.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
That's a good question. I've had several pass through here and haven't weighed them. They're light - they should be coming in right around the same weight as the Bogarts. I'll have to weight the next set that comes through.

With either rim, there's no modifications needed to the brakes - Welds and Bogarts fit right over the Brembo's with really good clearance.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup, those are great combo's. But you do have another option, a 15" slick for that little extra sidewall action, the bogarts (both can be gotten thru HHP), the TCE and CTP 15" conversion package. That consists of new Wilwood calipers (about 9 bills) and our end link conversion system which runs $370.00.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup, those are great combo's. But you do have another option, a 15" slick for that little extra sidewall action, the bogarts (both can be gotten thru HHP), the TCE and CTP 15" conversion package. That consists of new Wilwood calipers (about 9 bills) and our end link conversion system which runs $370.00.
That's a great combo. Here's some pics:

Good enough for some 1.42 60' times.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Butch's car looks flat out mean. Beautiful work, Cam! I'll see if I can get him out to some of our gatherings next year.

HemiSam

·
Vendor
946 Posts
That's right, he's in the Houston area, isn't he. I'll have to see if I can see the car in person when I'm down there next month... and meet him since you guys (Cam...) got drunk and totally forgot to call me when we were at Sema last time. It's okay, I had a WONDERFUL time with Crystal. ;)

I saw a few pics of his car on his facebook page but just full body shots mostly from the front.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's right, he's in the Houston area, isn't he. I'll have to see if I can see the car in person when I'm down there next month... and meet him since you guys (Cam...) got drunk and totally forgot to call me when we were at Sema last time. It's okay, I had a WONDERFUL time with Crystal. ;)

I saw a few pics of his car on his facebook page but just full body shots mostly from the front.
Ah BS, Crystal had you by the balls locked up in the room or going to the Moma Mia show or Thunder from down under. :scratchhead:

LMAO!. Give Butch a call, he'd luv to show you around and take you for a drive.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
Ah BS, Crystal had you by the balls locked up in the room or going to the Moma Mia show or Thunder from down under. :scratchhead:
:rofl: Why do you think I wanted to go get drunk with you guys so bad? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts