Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Drag Strip Tire and Wheel combination

Here is what I have ordered from Summit Racing. The cost is good and I am getting 2 wheels and 2 tires for the rear, I'll just jack it up and install before the races, drive to the track and back home, and remove Sunday. Must have DOT tires here. The Texas Troopers look for drag Slicks

Cost $1000.00

Bravado Tribute Matte Black Wheels TB80515205. 18 in.x 10 in., 5 x 115mm Bolt Circle, +20mm Offset, $155.97 Each

Mickey Thompson ET Street R Tires 90000024661. Tire, ET Street R, P305/45-18, Radial, R2 Compound, Blackwall, $326.97 Each

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Here is what I have decided on, unless one of you experts change my mind. The cost is good and I can get them thru the local Discount Tire shop so they have no problem mounting them and standing behind them. I am getting 2 wheels and 2 tires for the rear, I'll just jack it up and install before the races, drive to the track and back home, and remove Sunday. Must have DOT tires here. The Texas Troopers look for drag Slicks

Cost $900 plus mounting

Nitto 40588. Competition Drag Radial. 315/35R17

Avenger Racing Wheel 17x10"
From Summit

Bravado Tribute Matte Black Wheels TB80515205
&
Mickey Thompson ET Street R Tires 90000024661
$970 mounted balanced & shipped to my door.
Rims look very close to your stock wheels.
Tires stick like glue & have no complaints.
Bolt right on your car w/ no issues.
I race almost every weekend on these.

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Summit

Bravado Tribute Matte Black Wheels TB80515205
&
Mickey Thompson ET Street R Tires 90000024661
$970 mounted balanced & shipped to my door.
Rims look very close to your stock wheels.
Tires stick like glue & have no complaints.
Bolt right on your car w/ no issues.
I race almost every weekend on these.
Just ordered this combo from Summit, perfect. Thanks for the heads up
Tires, wheels, valve stems, lugnuts, mounted, balanced and shipped, $1000
Wheels look like my stock wheels.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Just ordered this combo from Summit, perfect. Thanks for the heads up
Tires, wheels, valve stems, lugnuts, mounted, balanced and shipped, $1000
Wheels look like my stock wheels.
I should have mentioned this in my first post. You need skinny spline lug nuts. Hope the sales person knew this.
On ebay
Set 20 14mm x 1.5 Black Spline Long Tuner Lug Nuts w/ Key 1.9" Tall W1014STB. $33.00
The regular 6 point lugs are a little tight getting on & off.
Make sure they are putting in the "bolt in" valve stems also.
This site is a wealth of information & has saved me lots of time & money. Lots of people have already done the hard work on what works & what doesn't on here & are happy to share, thank God.

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have mentioned this in my first post. You need skinny spline lug nuts. Hope the sales person knew this.
On ebay
Set 20 14mm x 1.5 Black Spline Long Tuner Lug Nuts w/ Key 1.9" Tall W1014STB. $33.00
The regular 6 point lugs are a little tight getting on & off.
Make sure they are putting in the "bolt in" valve stems also.
This site is a wealth of information & has saved me lots of time & money. Lots of people have already done the hard work on what works & what doesn't on here & are happy to share, thank God.
Got this one with the wheels
Cal Custom™ Spline Black Lug Nut Wheel Installation Kits CAL-755514STB

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you drop to 18s and run the same profile aren't you changing the effective gearing? Typically wouldn't you want to run say a 65 or 70 profile so that you get a) the same gearing and b) some sidewall flex to wind up the tire a bit? I like the setup and it is exactly what I am looking for so I appreciate you sharing the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
If you drop to 18s and run the same profile aren't you changing the effective gearing? Typically wouldn't you want to run say a 65 or 70 profile so that you get a) the same gearing and b) some sidewall flex to wind up the tire a bit? I like the setup and it is exactly what I am looking for so I appreciate you sharing the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The M/T's mentioned above are about 1/4 inch shorter than the stock F1's. My car 60' the same every time almost to the thousand of a second.
So at Gainesville raceway on a normal bracket race, starting in the heat of the day with direct sunlight on the track to running eliminations after dark my M/T's hook the same.
Everyone has their different opinion on what works best but when these wear out I'm buying another set just like them.:smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The M/T's mentioned above are about 1/4 inch shorter than the stock F1's. My car 60' the same every time almost to the thousand of a second.
So at Gainesville raceway on a normal bracket race, starting in the heat of the day with direct sunlight on the track to running eliminations after dark my M/T's hook the same.
Everyone has their different opinion on what works best but when these wear out I'm buying another set just like them.:smile:
Got it just from the profile numbers it would seem like the difference would be greater but then again, profile measurements aren't an exact science. Your 60 foot times certainly suggest that the difference isn't readily measurable.

That seems like the perfect setup. I am in the same place where I am looking for a good rear wheel/tire combo to switch to you at the track. Now I think I have my answer!

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Got it just from the profile numbers it would seem like the difference would be greater but then again, profile measurements aren't an exact science. Your 60 foot times certainly suggest that the difference isn't readily measurable.

That seems like the perfect setup. I am in the same place where I am looking for a good rear wheel/tire combo to switch to you at the track. Now I think I have my answer!

Thanks

Steve
I know that guys on here swear that Nittos are the best & might be but this past weekend there was a Hellcat Charger on Nittos that couldn't get down the track straight in 500HP mode. I don't know if they went hard on him or what but he came over to see what I was running & said he was going to buy a set of M/T's.:grin2:

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed the Slicks, clears everything, did a test hit on my street and it took my best 0 to 60 from 4.0 to 3.8. That was with 40 lbs of air in them. The hook up was noticeable
I think they will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Installed the Slicks, clears everything, did a test hit on my street and it took my best 0 to 60 from 4.0 to 3.8. That was with 40 lbs of air in them. The hook up was noticeable
I think they will work.
Start them at 20lbs. You'll be happy w/ them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great looking setup! Can't wait to see the timeslips!

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installing the MTs dropped me into the 12s. So happy. Twelves were my goal. Now to fine tune the burn out and launch and get it even lower. Well worth the money. Now I'm smoking Scats with OEM tires at the track. They were all coming over to look at the slick set up. Well worth the investment

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Installing the MTs dropped me into the 12s. So happy. Twelves were my goal. Now to fine tune the burn out and launch and get it even lower. Well worth the money. Now I'm smoking Scats with OEM tires at the track. They were all coming over to look at the slick set up. Well worth the investment
Probably the single best advice I received in racing these cars came from Kazman. Here's a copy & paste from him.

Doesn't matter what mode setting as long as you run the same one for the event. Turn traction control off (hold the button in for 4-5 seconds) I think no matter what a little traction control is always on to a degree). Put the trans in manual first for the burnout. Just heat the tires and you don't need a Force burnout. You will feel when the car squats and your are ready. Leave it in auto mode and let the trans shift for the runs. I always ran with a full tank of premium fuel and made sure all temps were at least 215 degrees. FYI the launch control is a POS and it was never reliable enough to bracket race. The car makes it last shift close to the finish (1/8 and 1/4) but far enough back to work the stripe. The brakes are amazing on these cars and will scrub a ton by brake tapping. No need to switch to Hawk pads. If your a top bulb racer you may have problems hitting the tree with the car. I never adjust my spot on the tree however change the car or staging location. I could not get the car to go off the 3rd amber and never entered anything with a Pro .500 tree. My setup for the Scat was 20lbs air in all tires, shallow stage, off idle (or heal on the floor toes off the gas to slow RT by .020) , and go off the 2nd amber Yes 2nd amber. Fly by wire cars off idle take a while for the computer to tell the car to go. Good luck

This advice alone (not leaving anyone out - got a lot of good advice from many members on here) Got me competitive right off the start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kind of late to this post but i have been looking for the same type setup. Something that I can put on to take to the track. I currently have a 2015 SRT but thinking of upgrading to a Hellcat soon. If I buy this setup from Summit will they fit both cars with np?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts