Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Okay peeps, I would like to see pics of your 20inch wheels up front and 18inch wheels on the rear before I decide to spend money on 17inch rear wheels for strip days. Who has a good looking set-up?
Probably too costly of Rims (Forgeline), but will give you an idea of proportion front to rear.
Front is a 245/45R20 and rear is a 305/40R18.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
Wheels are from Race Star

Fronts are 17 x 4 1/2 Part number 92-745442 DSD
Rears are 17 x 9 1/2 Part number 92-795452 DSD

If you are looking for Polished drop the DSD and add DP

Both wheels are very light weight, Had them for two seasons and many passes and holding up like a champ.
Thanks for that info! Are you running the 27.5/4.5/17 front tire?

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I really appreciate you posting part numbers. I took one look at your car and was sold. I ordered the Racestars and already have them installed.

That looks fantastic!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks. I just read that Dings did your tune. I talked to him on the phone a few months ago. I'm thinking about having him look over mine and see if he can squeeze some more out of it. Do you recommend his work?

Yes, I am good friends with Troy and he will not steer you wrong. If you don't need it he will tell you. Been on the same tune for 4 years and no issues.

What is your set up?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
Yes, I am good friends with Troy and he will not steer you wrong. If you don't need it he will tell you. Been on the same tune for 4 years and no issues.

What is your set up?
Magnuson @13psi, Hellcat cam, forged internals and methanol.

It runs strong but I'd sure like to have another set of eyes go over the tune. I have a feeling it's tuned fairly safe.

Good to hear about Troy. I will probably drag my car over there this winter.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Magnuson @13psi, Hellcat cam, forged internals and methanol.

It runs strong but I'd sure like to have another set of eyes go over the tune. I have a feeling it's tuned fairly safe.

Good to hear about Troy. I will probably drag my car over there this winter.[/QU

Where do you live?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Smack dab in the middle of Washington. Not a tuner in sight without doing some traveling.
Ah you ain't that far from us. You must be up in the Race war land..lol I need to try that some day.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
Ah you ain't that far from us. You must be up in the Race war land..lol I need to try that some day.
Yep, I live close enough that I drove to racewars on my slicks a couple of weeks ago. Good times!

I talked to Troy for about 20 minutes today. He is going to try and help me see mid 10's one way or the other and he will be giving me some recommendations tomorrow. Whatever mods I do next, it will be promptly delivered to him for tuning. He also offered to do some track tuning in the future, which I'm real excited about. Good guy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Drive train is the big thing you need to get into. Clutch and driveshaft would be the next. Not sure what they are doing on axles for the 2015 and 2016's. What RPM are you leaving at?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
Drive train is the big thing you need to get into. Clutch and driveshaft would be the next. Not sure what they are doing on axles for the 2015 and 2016's. What RPM are you leaving at?
I have a spare diff in case I blow mine up. Already have the DSS 1400hp axles and their aluminum driveshaft too. I have the McLeod clutch which seems to be holding up very well. I'm also getting a new bell housing in a few weeks. I've launched anywhere from 3,500 to 5,500 with my best 60' being from the latter, 1.60

I was spinning on every hard launch, so when I figure out how to hook, I'm sure things will start breaking.

If you decide to come check out the airstrip one of these days you should send me a PM and I'll come out and get you VIP parking/staging in the pits. The staging lines can be over an hour long on busy days.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a lot to do this winter, mainly driveshaft and suspension so get my 60 ft into the 1.5 range. Still shooting for the 10.99 but may have to up my boost to 10 lbs to do it but Troy thinks we can get there on 8 but it will be tight. Was hoping to run in some cooler air but weather sucks and the tracks will be closing down so she's in the garage awaiting for me to start.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I only run 17's front and rear.
Thank you Bigdaddy, after seeing your rims, I had to have them. I ordered them today and will have them next week. I went with a 7" in the front, though. I want to use them on the street and felt that the 7" would be a little more stable for the street. Unfortunately the 325/45/17 M&H Racemasters are on a 2-3 week delay. UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!! It's gonna kill me! Lol

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
818 Posts
Wondering if I can run this same set up on a 2015 SRT 392 with the adaptive suspension.

I

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You should be able to...
Me, I'm still on 305/35-20 MT ET Street S/S's...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts