Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i was minding my own business on youtube and a came across this video :

wow. just wow.

If I'm not mistaken those are weld draglite on a challenger! but the question is how is that possible. The bigger they make are 15. How did they clear the brakes? with spacers? I'm not an expert but me need. Then I'll plan my bankruptcy :)

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
is that eddies shop

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The Drag Pack Mopar uses a enclosed Dana rear end... hence the shorter axle length and can run with offset drag rims.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Yes that is a 10 second factory drag pak Challenger that car has nothing close for SRT5939!!

BW

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yes that is a 10 second factory drag pak Challenger that car has nothing close for SRT5939!!

BW
Not meaning to thread jack. But a bunch of us plan on going to State Capitol Raceway November 7th and Dec 5th. More than welcome to meet us out there, we are anxious to see that beast run! :bigthumb:

Jason will be there too in his KB superchared SRT8. Should be fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. So in short we would have to change the rear axle to have those rims I am correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually the only thing holding back the newer Dodges from accepting the 15" wheels is the massive brakes. Standard rt rotors and calipers will clear, with a little material removal off the edges of the front calipers. Sell your 20" tractor wheels/road and track wheels for some real muscle and drag racing wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts