Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to purchase a sequential taillight kit but I'm stuck between these two brands. Here's my thoughts, I do like the easy plug and play system of web and they seem like an easy product to install... BUT, I have heard of a timing out issue with the bulbs and a module over temping causing them to shut down for awhile to cool off. Also I would really like the lights to sequence when the brakes are applied and when the 4 ways are on, I don't think this system offers that? The Drake kit does offer the sequencing 4 ways and brake lights and that's what I'm looking for...BUT, it sounds like they have a problem with there install instructions and matching bulb numbers and it sounds like a bit of a nightmare to install these. Plus where the hell can I buy them? Could anybody help me out with some feedback on these two products so I can get the one that matches my needs? I am leaning towards drake cuz I gotta have sequencing brake and 4 ways. Any advice would help though good or bad! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I got some Webs for my son and they don't shut down and I thought I read that the brake light flashing was ilegal in some states.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Web Electronics will be wayyy easier as it's all plug and play, it's very easy to wire as the harness is already done for you and it's just plug and play, only hard part is the getting the light fixture off.

About the brake light, if cops in your area aren't cool with the sequential brake lights you are supposed to connect the phone cord that came with the kit to each harness which will disable brake sequentials

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had the Drake kit installed now for over 9 months. The install was a piece of cake. I used the videos Jonsibal posted above. It took me about 2 hours as i really took my time doing it, making sure everything was right, hiding wires etc... I have had no issues and it funtions great. it sequences during braking as well as the Hazzards.

I did my research before I bought the kit. I read some info on several forums regarding the future possibilities of electrical issues regarding the Webelectric kit adding extra draw to the factory wiring & Bus. This was the big deciding factor for me along with the fact that the new Webelectric kits do not sequence the brakes and flashers anymore.

The Drake kit adds power leds to offset some of the draw, however it is only power and not additional ground leds. Since we have a fuse box in the truck it was quite an easy install. only issue was that they taped thier power leds to the harness making them appear short. Easy fix I just retaped it.

I love this Kit! I believe the Challenger should have come with this from the factory. It just looks right.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the Webelectric Sequentials and they work really well and are easy to install. It's a plug n play kit and takes about an hour to install. The hardest part of the install is removing the center light assembly.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm not really sure if I believe the Challenger will have electrical problems due to the web kit...strange people would say that when they have been putting in these kits in cars for ages, the 60 second turn signal shutoff was put in place specifically for this, I personally highly doubt web has released a product that is going to hurt our vehicles electrical system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with DRAKE Sequential light kit. Easy install and looks awesome!

I just watched the videos for installation. It was a cinch.

YouTube - Challenger Sequential Tail Light Install (Part 1)
YouTube - Challenger Sequential Tail Light Install (Part 2)

They're a vendor here but here's the link to their site with price and info.
Scott Drake Store - 2008-10 Dodge Challenger Sequential Light Kit
Hey thanks for the info on the kits, but I've tried that link already and I was unable to find anywhere to actually purchase it on there site. I have spent hours on the internet checking different sites for the drakes but I cant find anywhere to buy them. I live in Alberta Canada and im just trying to find a site to ship them, could you give me a little more advice on how you got yours? Thanks! :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I have the web electric on my Challenger and it is great. I liked the fact that it is plug and play and you dont have to break the plastic welds on the tail lights.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I used Web Electric because of previous experience with them on another product for another car. They fixed a minor problem without any complaining about whose fault it was.

As Rpaul said, you leave off the phone cord if you want the brakes and hazards to sequence.

Both kits seem to work well from all the feedback I've seen and WebElectric is a supporting vendor on our site.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Web Electronics were very easy to assemble and Larry is a great guy. I also like the third brake flash he has it gets the person behind your rides attention.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input and help on the sequential kit everyone! Here's what I found out, From my experience and all my searching, it seems like the drake kit is very hard to come by anymore, I couldnt find anywhere that would ship to Canada. So I called over to web and had them answer a couple of my questions. They informed me that they did a bunch of upgrading and trouble shooting on there kit in November and that they haven't had a complaint since these new kits came out in regards to timing out and hyperflashing. They also told me to leave the phone wire disconnected between modules and by doing so I would be able to achieve sequencing brake and 4 way flashers. Needless to say I ordered there kit the next day and I will let everyone know if I have any problems with it. I also ordered Putco 360 degree red LED bulbs that I will be running with the sequential kit! If anyone has this same set up could you let me know what type of load resistors that I might need if I do need them, Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts