Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this Brace a couple years ago and I?m just getting around to installing it (I know, I know). I have a 2014 R/T with the half covers on the engine. The issue is that the quick-release pins that connect the bar to the strut covers will only go in about 3/4 of the way, they won?t clear the second prong on the strut covers. I?ve heard of the 6.4L guys using washers on the back strut nuts to get it aligned but didn?t see anything about the 5.7L ones needing that. Do I just need to fool with it some more, or do I need washers do align it? I?ve already taped and marked for drilling the stock brace, but don?t want to do it if I don?t have it all lined up properly as the tolerances on this bar are extremely tight.

Also, to whoever said this was a 15 minute install, you are crazy. After buying all of the special-sized tools I needed (13/32 drill bit, 8mm and 10mm Allen keys, etc.), still a solid hour and a half just to get to this point.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I don't know if I can help you here, but I picture that same brace that I once installed on my '09 SE.

The tolerances are INCREDIBLY tight. I left all the strut tower bolts and firewall bolts a little loose. Then I installed the quick release pins, then I tightened all the bolts.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I can help you here, but I picture that same brace that I once installed on my '09 SE.

The tolerances are INCREDIBLY tight. I left all the strut tower bolts and firewall bolts a little loose. Then I installed the quick release pins, then I tightened all the bolts.

Good luck.
I got it installed, this helped! Thanks, and you’re right, very tight tolerances on this bar!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I got it installed, this helped! Thanks, and you’re right, very tight tolerances on this bar!

I'm glad I could help you. :smile:

That is one solid strut bar. The fact that there are 4 points where it is attached to the body of the car means a lot in stiffening up the front end around curves.

Reactions: zbrewha863
1 - 4 of 4 Posts