Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not interested in using the Skip Shift function, but before I eliminate it with a SSE, I want to know if I have a software issue. I've been in Street Mode, at least I think I have been) for a few days. The Skip Shift has yet to show itself. Based upon what you see in this pic, should not the Skip Shift function kick in? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dunno. I wonder about mine as well.
Can't get it to kick in no matter how slow i go.

Makes me wonder why people complain about it

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'd figure it would. I can't remember the parameters off the top of my head, but perhaps your driving style hasn't allowed it to kick in. Either that or they got rid of it/dialed it back for 2018. I remember on my 2010, it would annoy the piss out of me before I ordered the SSE harness. So much that I ordered a harness for my 2016 6 speed before I even got the car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd figure it would. I can't remember the parameters off the top of my head, but perhaps your driving style hasn't allowed it to kick in. Either that or they got rid of it/dialed it back for 2018. I remember on my 2010, it would annoy the piss out of me before I ordered the SSE harness. So much that I ordered a harness for my 2016 6 speed before I even got the car.
Agree with you on the 2010. My first Challenger was a 2010. The Skip Shift drove me nuts. That is until I installed the eliminator. I've got about 3,000 miles on my 2018 and have yet to have it rear its ugly head.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,121 Posts
I believe it's

You're in 1st gear, your engine temperature is more than 160°, your throttle is opened less than 25%, and your speed is between 19 and 21 mph

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts