Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel like the driver seat sits way too high? I always check to make sure it's bottomed out when I first get in it..
I'm only 5'9 but I still feel like my heads too close to roof..

Just thought I would share lol

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? That lowers the height of the headliner.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I prefer to sit high, myself. I think a lot of the inability to see out of the Challenger that some complain of has to do with sitting too low. At 6' tall, and with the seat most of the way up, my head is a handsbreadth from the headliner.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have it all the way down - I still have an inch or two to spare (and I have a sunroof).

·
Registered
373 Posts
im 5'9 as well and mine is the highest it can by and i have a sun roof I've got about an inch

·
Registered
404 Posts
Im 6' and have it all the way up haha. I bump my head on the headliner every once in awhile but I like being up high.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
6-4 and keep it all the way down. There's enough headroom, but traffic lights up close and/or high, can be an issue. I put a section of one of those RV fisheye window sticker on my windshield to help.

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts
Does anyone else feel like the driver seat sits way too high? I always check to make sure it's bottomed out when I first get in it..
I'm only 5'9 but I still feel like my heads too close to roof..

Just thought I would share lol
keep in mind that there are separate adjustments for the front and rear of the seat bottom. I adjust the front to provide enough thigh support, yet allow comfortable operation of the clutch.

I'm 5'11" (and with sunroof) - with the rear of the seat bottom adjusted all the way down - I have plenty of headroom

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm 6'3 it's the only muscle car that I fit in comfortably

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm 5'11"and keep the seat as high as it will go and have about 1/2 inch of headroom with the moonroof, I like to set it high for visibility and so I don't have to climb out if it and so I can comfortably rest my elbow on the window ledge when it's open, which is a LOT!

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
6'2" here and have my seat bottomed out. I wish it can go lower, don't like sitting up high. Out of the three, I like the Camaro seating position better - makes you feel like you are sitting in the car not on top of it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
5'9" and I have mine high so I can see my shiny hood!!:eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
230 Posts
6'2" as well, with a sunroof. I wish the seat could go lower because I find it annoying how the little hair I have left, rubs on the headliner.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You may laugh, but all the way up and 2/3 of the way back. With sunroof. I know when it's time for a haircut when I start brushing the headliner... BTW, I'm 5'6" :icon_biggrin::bangin::woot:
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
At 6'1"I find the Challenger seating just right.After purchasing the Challenger and strictly out of curiosity I went for a test drive the Camaro and Mustang for a comparison drive.I felt like I was in a coffin in both of them and noticed the blind spots are quite a bit worse.I like sitting up high to get a good view of the hood & pavement in front of me.The only way I could get headroom in the Camaro was to put the seat down to it's lowest level,...which brought my eye level to low to the top steering wheel and dash level.The Mustang was somewhere in-between the Challenger and Camaro.

The choice is clear,...a real no-brainer.

Other assets would the back seat & trunk space,great long distance cruiser,...and the list goes on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I prefer the challenger over the other two as well and I still have room to the headliner I just feel like it's closer than it is and like I'm sitting ontop of the car..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts