Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
The seatbelt chime not properly working so I realized seatbelt buckle is malfunctioning since when I apply pressure the sensor turns off.
So I tried to dismount the seat and change the buckle, but unfortunately the horizontal power motor is half-dead and it doesn’t go all the way back (even with help of hand) so I can unbolt the front. :|
So I think i need to start from getting a new motor. Does anyone know what the part number is? Is it specific to challenger or I can get lucky finding it in junkyard?
Thank you all

17A547ED-3D9D-4F31-BCA2-CECBE3BE3197.jpeg

·
Registered
255 Posts
No, all the Dodge and Chrysler power motors will work from 2006, I believe to present. These seats are easy to fix. Most likely a broken drive shaft though. Not the motor. The drive shafts are flex cables. Usually one short and one long on each motor. The ends of the flex shafts will shear then the seat doesn’t move or moves slowly. Keep in mind two types of seat motors. One is the memory seats and the other is non-memory seats. The only difference is the power connector wiring on the motors. The memory seats have four wires per connector and the non-memory seats have two wires per connector. The connectors are the same on either motor just two wires or four wires. You can use either motor it doesn’t matter which one memory or non-memory. The memory seats are easy to recognize they will have a control module bolted to the bottom of the drivers seat. The non-memory seats do not have a control module. The control module you can see under the seat with out any disassembly. The motors are easy to remove and replace held in by a tie wrap or zip tie. The wire connectors slide on to the motor connectors. Still need to remove the motor to replace it or the flex shaft which ever is bad. When you get the motor get both drive shafts with it. All parts are attainable at the salvage yards. This includes Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300. I have 2012 SRT8 memory seats installed in my 95 Impala SS.
Have Fun!!!

It maybe eight wires in memory seats and four wires on non-memory seat motor connector wiring. I can’t remember now. You will know what I’m talking about when you take the lower seat cushion off. The drive shafts slide out the motor. The drive shaft ends are square. Also you may have plastic seat stops attached to your seat tracks you can remove to drive the seat further back. The plastic seat stops snap on the the inner track. They can be pried out and removed. Is this clear as mud?? HaHa....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts