Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 scat pack challenger, 36700miles.

My wife drove my car the other day, and would have pulled the seat more forward than I drive. Later in the day, I noticed an alert when I buckle the driver's side buckle. The alert states "Driver Seatbelt Unbuckled". This is followed by a second alert for the "Service Airbag System". When I unbuckle the driver's side seatbelt, alert go away and cluster is free from any red alerts.

After some research on the subject, many owners are finding a loose wire under the seat, once they fumble with various harnesses, the system clears and back to normal. I've spent a few attempts to locate any bad connections and no luck. I've verify all fuses so far in the truck, all clear.

Since the seatbelt receptor, female end, is indicating locked when its not, and unbuckled when it is, maybe the issue is with this hardware. Before I try to replace the receiving hardware, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
It could be that the seat belt latch sense circuit has a broken wire or high resistance. I encountered this on a Promaster delivery van that had 240,000 km. In that case the delivery drivers get in and out of the van many times a day, and the belt buckle end flexed back forth so many times that the sense circuit wire going up to buckle came apart. The break was kinda hidden up in the buckle, so I had to lift the protective covering up to find it. You don't do wiring repair with restraint systems, so it got a new buckle. The airbag light was also on in that van until the buckle fixed it. It won't deploy air bags if it can't verify you're wearing your seatbelt.

Anyway, not saying for sure that's your problem, but it sure sounds similar. Good luck, but I would take that in to get looked at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that is exactly the likely cause. I haven't had much luck with the seat attached to the floor, so this weekend I'll try to unbolt and better test the wiring. I think that if I need a new seat belt receiving end, I'll need to unbolt from seat cleared from the floor anyways. I'd like to be able to test for sure it's the receiver before a new purchase. Is there a way to test with volt meter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts