Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Driver-side door cup holder hits the bottom of my leg during test drive. I am ordering a 2015 Challenger and like everything about the car except this! What can I do to change out the panel or mod the plastic? Any ideas? I don't what a goofy looking job.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
37 Posts
I was hoping there would be a reply to this.. I am so annoyed by this, I actually went looking for a solution.. @Prague did you every solve this issue for us??

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,101 Posts
I typically stick my phone and wallet in there, and I checked, I can't make my leg hit it let alone it bother me. If I move my leg over to it, I think it hits near the top of my sock area. But I have to do it on purpose.
I am 6' 260#, I run with the seat all the way down or there about, and almost all the way back, I can still get my feet around the pedals to the firewall.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I gotta ask......how big are you? I can't imagine how this is problem.
It really is not a size thing inasmuch it is a driver position thing.. I generally drive with my left left fully extended so that it touches the firewall right on the pad they have for that.. I drive in more than a fair amount of stop and go, so during those times my leg is fully extended and as such it isn't that much of a problem. However, when at speed, I relax that left to rest against the door. The cupholder in traffic is a mild annoyance to the left side of my leg, in the relaxed position it is against the side of my calf and this is where it causes discomfort..

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,101 Posts
Well today I drove to work with the rear seats folded down because I had a 60" air hockey table in the back. I must have had the seat 6" further forward than usual, and my leg was still nowhere near the cup holder, and my right was nowhere near the dash like others have mentioned, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
140 Posts
I keep my thermos in there cause it won’t fit in the regular cup holders. I’m 6’2 and never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Acceptable solution found. Just some rubber pipe rap, this was from the 1st day, I drove like 200 miles with this and can say, this has resolved this issue for me completely. I will be cleaning this mounting up a bit and will be adding some more double backed tape to make it more flush.. But, otherwise couldn't be happier and it cost me only $2.18 for a 6ft length..

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
913 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts