Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T and my driver side window has been rubbing my door seal when going up, enough to rub a bare spot. So I got the windows tinted the other day, and guess what? Top right corner of the driver side window tint has started to peel back, yes I know I should’ve gotten it fixed before getting tint but I just wanted to make sure it’s rubbing and me not seeing things. So why would my driver side window be rubbing the door seal? Almost like the windows gets pushed tighter when it goes up. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,746 Posts
I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T and my driver side window has been rubbing my door seal when going up, enough to rub a bare spot. So I got the windows tinted the other day, and guess what? Top right corner of the driver side window tint has started to peel back, yes I know I should’ve gotten it fixed before getting tint but I just wanted to make sure it’s rubbing and me not seeing things. So why would my driver side window be rubbing the door seal? Almost like the windows gets pushed tighter when it goes up. HELP!!!!
Wear of the window regulator which has the window out of adjustment.

Or the window just needs adjustment/alignment tweaking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! I believe I’m going to contact dodge next week and get it checked out, about 7-8 months ago they had to fix the door actuator because the smart window feature malfunctioned. That was a nightmare

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,746 Posts
thank you! I believe I’m going to contact dodge next week and get it checked out, about 7-8 months ago they had to fix the door actuator because the smart window feature malfunctioned. That was a nightmare
Well, I hope I'm wrong but the nightmare might not be over. If the window adjustment was botched during the previous work on the window the odds of it being put right this time are down some.

But like I said I hope I'm wrong.

Trying to think of a way to "test" the window alignment without having to live with a possible bad alignment for months before the rubber seal starts to show the effects.

Since you have one window that appears to be properly adjusted maybe using a sheet of newspaper in the window and ensuring when the glass comes up it doesn't grab/tear the paper, but after the window is closed the effort to pull the paper out is not too much.

Rather than use the entire sheet try strips of newspaper. Printer paper may be too slick/slippery and strong. (But try strips of printer paper just to be sure.)

What you want try to be able to do is judge the amount of force it takes to pull the strip of paper out from between the window glass and the rubber seal.

You have the other window to do this to in order to establish a base line. Then before you take the car in try this on the bad window to establish what is not acceptable.

After you have had the car in have some strips of paper with you and "test" the problem window and see it the strips pull out like they do from the other side.

You might also ask the tech how he tests the adjustment. Maybe he has another way? (Chalk powder maybe?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well took it to the dealership a couple weeks ago, come to find out they put the regulator in wrong. So we’re it was rubbing against the seal so bad before now since it’s right it ain’t right with the seal, but no leaks so can’t complain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts