Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically whenever I sit down, move at all, hit any bump etc... it squeaks. I have leather seats now. I used to have clothes seats in my last Chally and I had the same problem. Anyone have it/know how to fix it? I only weight 150 so I'm definitely not breaking the seat lol

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Basically whenever I sit down, move at all, hit any bump etc... it squeaks. I have leather seats now. I used to have clothes seats in my last Chally and I had the same problem. Anyone have it/know how to fix it? I only weight 150 so I'm definitely not breaking the seat lol
I had that problem in my 2014 R/T with leather. It was something inside the side bolster on the seat back section. Never did find out what it was specifically but when I pushed inward on the side it stopped.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Perhaps the 150 is the problem. I go 260, so I'm compressing my seat springs all the way. They may groan in defiance but they definitely don't squeak. But seriously, a squeak is most likely some metal-on-metal contact, and short of taking the seat out to see if there's a loose spring clamp (place where they crimp it to the seat structure) or some other) or some other loose hardware, this may be a difficult one to fix. I have some squeaks from the grandkids booster chair in the back seat, and a few little rattles here and there (some from stiff in the consol or glove-box).
My advice: Keep your foot in the gas (won't hear the squeak over the HEMI), turn up the music (check out this thread http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/epic-challenger-worthy-music-627514/ ), or eat an extra sandwich now and again (add to that 150).

·
Registered
512 Posts
ut, oh

sounds like we need to start a 'squeaky seat' poll :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
Check all the bolts, sometimes loosening them and re-torquing them does the trick. Metal on metal makes a racket and doesn’t require much movement to make noise.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine did this. I took it to the dealership. They took out the seat and found one of the support members inside the seat bottom loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts