Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any opinion on the DORMAN 986031 driveshaft Rockauto sell?

Centre bearing rubber mounting has perished on my 2016 R/T - I'll still holding out hope that it will come apart, but the propshaft place has had two goes so far and failed - they were going to have another go this afternoon - but in-case they failed, I need a new one . . . and shipped to the UK!

Mopar replacement is out of stock at Rockauto.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Dorman makes quality stuff, usually with a design improvement over OEM. Driveshafts made in USA, their website says the unuversal joints are serviceable

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,939 Posts
Dorman usually makes many products for all well known Manufactures. It always meets or exceeds OEM they have for decades.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Dorman doesn't supply Europe, or the UK, from what I can, certainly not Challenger parts as they aren't homologated for sale over here, so I have no experience of them, other than the odd thing like trim clips and such I've picked up from Autozone etc on trips to the US.

Shop couldn't separate the shaft (which as I've read today, its welded, isn't surprising!) so pulled the trigger on the Dorman one. If Rockauto delivery is anything like the previous two deliveries from them, despite paying for the longest, cheapest, delivery, it'll be here before the date they quote for most expensive, fastest!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,939 Posts
Autozone Duralast products are usually made by DORMAN btw. If anyone was curious about that other odds and ends that came in HELP marked packages is also Dorman.
Hope you get that resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts