Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but my shop was thinking it was the rear link control arm , or there's no spacer added to the ds. I purchased the kit today (spacer) but having issues on finding the correct bushing for the arms.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah I've got the exact same issue, I'm trying to find cradle spacers now. I have a DSS 4' 2 peace shaft. I'm actually trying to adjust the pinion with washers for now, so I can race this weekend. Hopefully it will work or else I'm stuck waiting on DSS to get back to me.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I have a 09 6speed car with a dss drive shaft
They sent spacers to go under the transmission support and a spacer to go between the rear end bushing mount and the frame
It is about a 1/2” thick and instructions states to use it it looked to close

Did you guys get these with your driveshaft ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car was built before I bought it, just finding small things that got overlooked, I called dss and they are sending me the kit. I will have my shop put it on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
My car was built before I bought it, just finding small things that got overlooked, I called dss and they are sending me the kit. I will have my shop put it on.

I bought my shaft used (big mistake) so it didn’t come with the spacers. I’m going to order from DSS on Monday. For now I shimmed my pinion with heavy duty washers I have. With that said I’d rather have properly made spaces for the cradle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I bought my shaft used (big mistake) so it didn’t come with the spacers. I’m going to order from DSS on Monday. For now I shimmed my pinion with heavy duty washers I have. With that said I’d rather have properly made spaces for the cradle.

The kit cost 25.00 w/shipping 40.00. I need to just get the carbon fiber one and be done with this.

·
Registered
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat
110 Posts
Yes I had that issue.It was my Corsa exhaust. When I would power shift the rear end would go down hitting the exhaust. I had to put an elbow on both exhaust to keep it away from the drive shaft about 3 to 4 inch.Problem fixed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I had that issue.It was my Corsa exhaust. When I would power shift the rear end would go down hitting the exhaust. I had to put an elbow on both exhaust to keep it away from the drive shaft about 3 to 4 inch.Problem fixed.
Mine is rubbing the gas tank.?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks for posting the price. I’m planning to purchase the kit tomorrow from DSS.

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Do you have pictures of the spacers? My shifter seems to be digging into my driveshaft wanna move it down a tad versus cutting the shifter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Here’s a picture of the spacers Incase anyone wanted to see how’d they look like. You will need longer M10 1.5 bolts 90mm worked for me

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts