Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tranny is the 6 speed that would be put in the Challenger? What type of gearing do you think would be offered from factory? Do you think they will ever consider a factory supercharger on the 6.1L instead of making the 6.4L an option to compete with the Stang's 475hp? How much do you think the Concept version will be of the real thing? Will it be pretty close to the concept version??
Just a few question's i figured i'd get some conversation rolling...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Ok, let me try this.

I believe that the concept has a Tremec T-56.
As for gearing I'm guessing the same as the Charger, Mangum, 300, etc.
Don't know, either would be awesome.:D
Hopefully all of it.

Did I miss anything?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND RAM said:
Ok, let me try this.

I believe that the concept has a Tremec T-56.
As for gearing I'm guessing the same as the Charger, Mangum, 300, etc.
Don't know, either would be awesome.:D
Hopefully all of it.

Did I miss anything?:rolleyes:
Haven't heard any opinions on either putting a supercharger, turbo, etc in the 6.1 vs comming out with the 6.4L...?:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
MoparMuscle said:
Haven't heard any opinions on either putting a supercharger, turbo, etc in the 6.1 vs comming out with the 6.4L...?:eek:
Since I have a Procharger, I like boost but either would be fine with me. As a matter of fact I'll take 1 of each.:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
While a lot of people like the mystique a blower adds to the equation, Mopar is legendary for tire shredding performance from naturally aspirated engines with gobs of low end torque. I like that formula. In my younger years I would probably have jumped at a blown 6.1 but these days I'd much prefer a non-blown 6.4L, especially if its numbers are near the crate version :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
MoparMuscle said:
What tranny is the 6 speed that would be put in the Challenger? What type of gearing do you think would be offered from factory? Do you think they will ever consider a factory supercharger on the 6.1L instead of making the 6.4L an option to compete with the Stang's 475hp? How much do you think the Concept version will be of the real thing? Will it be pretty close to the concept version??
Just a few question's i figured i'd get some conversation rolling...:rolleyes:
Here's some of my predictions,what DCX will do....I believe it will be the viper 6-speed.....As far as gears,...I'm counting on the aftermarket,as dcx seems to put only 3.06's in them (srt-8's).....I don't think there will be a supercharger on the 6.1l with its higher compression,and dcx is not about to reworked the bottom end to accomodate one and be safe with warranty,....however the 6.4l (392) 500++ hp motor is still an option thats on the wish and want lists......As far as concept version,I was hoping for all of it!!!,.....but I have a funny feeling it'll be more like 90%,...as I see them toning down the interior gages,..probably taking away my favorite six-shooter inboard lamps,...removing challenger emblem off side of rear fender,...and maybe putting in on the rear deck,....adding a fuel filler cap someplace,....probably the exhaust will be different for emissions reasons (I'm counting on the aftermarket to fix this),...and little finishing pieces here and there.....that's just a realistic thing,...but I hope they keep it just like the concepts and adding a 6.4l (392) 500++ hp Hemi Beast in it, for good measure.:D ;) :cool:quote]

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
Here's some of my predictions,what DCX will do....I believe it will be the viper 6-speed.....As far as gears,...I'm counting on the aftermarket,as dcx seems to put only 3.06's in them (srt-8's).....I don't think there will be a supercharger on the 6.1l with its higher compression,and dcx is not about to reworked the bottom end to accomodate one and be safe with warranty,....however the 6.4l (392) 500++ hp motor is still an option thats on the wish and want lists......As far as concept version,I was hoping for all of it!!!,.....but I have a funny feeling it'll be more like 90%,...as I see them toning down the interior gages,..probably taking away my favorite six-shooter inboard lamps,...removing challenger emblem off side of rear fender,...and maybe putting in on the rear deck,....adding a fuel filler cap someplace,....probably the exhaust will be different for emissions reasons (I'm counting on the aftermarket to fix this),...and little finishing pieces here and there.....that's just a realistic thing,...but I hope they keep it just like the concepts and adding a 6.4l (392) 500++ hp Hemi Beast in it, for good measure.:D ;) :cool:quote]

I like your list!! Just give me a 6.4 automatic and red or hemi orange and I'll be happy!

·
Registered
598 Posts
allhemi said:
I like your list!! Just give me a 6.4 automatic and red or hemi orange and I'll be happy!
Yes,good point,..different tranny options,....and I also got to have my namesake (VP) white....limited edition of course,but I'll probably go with the Hemi Orange,this time around.;) :p :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
Yes,good point,..different tranny options,....and I also got to have my namesake (VP) white....limited edition of course,but I'll probably go with the Hemi Orange,this time around.;) :p :D

I just think this car will do so much better with OPTIONS;)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
allhemi said:
I just think this car will do so much better with OPTIONS;)
Name one that doesn't.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
This car doesn't,...its butt ugly no matter what options you have!:p :p
I could make that car cool!!!:eek: Hmmmmmmmmmm....Let's see 540 cid blown aluminium HEMI, Keisler5-speed, DANA60 rear,...:D :D :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here I go again. To answer a gearing question, The cars have to have tall gears to meet govt. regs. on gas mileage. If you want 500 hp, than it better somehow deliver the gas mileage of a Neon. That is why Vipers need a rearend swap before you can REALLY start to drive the car. I do think that we as consumers should have the option to buy a car that will hit 60 in 3 seconds instead of worrying about a top speed of 174 mph!! Sooo, all the cars that we actually go into the showroom to order should be able to be ordered with 3.73's if we want it that way. All the ones that the dealers order for inventory can get the 3.07's. Any input?????????

·
Registered
598 Posts
ND RAM said:
I could make that car cool!!!:eek: Hmmmmmmmmmm....Let's see 540 cid blown aluminium HEMI, Keisler5-speed, DANA60 rear,...:D :D :D

...Hey, you found my motor for my new Challenger!!!!......DCX,DO YOU SEE THIS,....drop this baby in,...instead of those wimpy smaller liter motors!!!:p :cool: ....This can be the very limited edition srt-8 and a freakin' half model!!!:p :D

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
...Hey, you found my motor for my new Challenger!!!!......DCX,DO YOU SEE THIS,....drop this baby in,...instead of those wimpy smaller liter motors!!!:p :cool: ....This can be the very limited edition srt-8 and a freakin' half model!!!:p :D
That's my custom one of tube-frame Challenger Pro street motor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ND RAM said:

I'm sorry, you may be able to make the car fast, but cool.....never!!!! It's always going to be ugly!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts