Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your a old bastard in michigan here are your driving choices summer and winter.The 2018 ford taurus AWD is the winter choice of course the 2018 SRT challenger is the summer choice.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
For plowing through slush on our windy, hilly roads in SW PA. I will be using my...
2018 275 shod Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
If it does happen to get real bad on a specific day, I carpool with my wife, or work from home. We also have an AWD 2018 Cadillac XT5 and I have a separate set of winter wheels and snow tires for it. Typically I drive something sporty and it is my daily driver year round. The least winter friendly was probably my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, but it really wasn't bad either. The only problem I have had was on an older car sitting at a traffic light on icy roads and got rear ended buy a Ford Escape, that the lady got because she was afraid to drive in bad weather. So my performance suck in the snow car could stop because I was driving sane, and her SUV that she thought would overcome the laws of physics didn't.
I am almost to the point that I think SUVs should be banned in the snow, the only people that buy them are afraid to drive in the snow, and all it does is give them false security.
Michigan, Erie, northern Ohio, those guys get tons of snow, but don't let them drive in Pittsburgh area, they might understand snow, but not gravity it seems.
Rant over, for now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 2017 M6 Scat Pack with 18 inch Firestone Winterforce tires gets me everywhere I need to go in Ohio in the winter. The right tire means a lot more than all wheel or 4 wheel drive imho.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
When people talk about winter, here in California

A Guy >:)

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
My 2017 M6 Scat Pack with 18 inch Firestone Winterforce tires gets me everywhere I need to go in Ohio in the winter. The right tire means a lot more than all wheel or 4 wheel drive imho.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Cool stripes!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Even though it's a beautiful +29 C and sunny July day here in SK, I still feel like I'm recovering from that long, horrid painful winter. I still remember too well how it feels in your eyebrows and above your nose to have -45 degree windchills whipping at your face, and the cold air actually hurts to breathe in.. Arrgghhh.....anyway, since we're on the topic, here is my winter setup. Toyo Observe G3-ice tires on the Scat Pack, and a lot of hot Tim Horton's coffee to help me deal with it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Here in Illinois I run my Coopers all year long. Of course, in late October they take the R/T to SC for the winter and don't return to IL until May.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts