Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Driving fog light kit from my Dodge dealer. I got 2 lights (0518 2025AA) and the Switch (6802 92265AD-001) for $110.28 and installed them my self. Fogot to order the screws. So I just went to Ace hardware and got 4 self tapping #6 x 3/4 stainless screw. It took less than an hour to install. I did remove the front tires to make it a little easier. The hardest part about the job was getting the blanks out.
After installing the light I did find out that if you but the switch on A you now have automatic headlights, but no fog lights.
So today I went to the Dealer to get a oil change, tire rotation and to get the computer flashed to activate the fog lights.
(Go to Mopar.com and get coupons for oil change plus other for services. I used the 19.95 coupon w/rotaion and was going to use the 15% service coupon for the flashing of the computer.)
When they came and got me after the job was done they told me that they weren't going to charge me for the computer flash. Since I had it there for the oil change. Now that a good Dealer (Findlay Dodge)

Reactions: RogerNapalm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gratz on the fog lights! Been trying to get mine on also but all the dealers around me say they'll void my warranty to have them activate them. Kinda a bummer but w/e, gratz again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't void your warranty if you buy the OEM Mopar Lights 2 lights (0518 2025AA) and the Switch (6802 92265AD-001) if fact once you have the dealer flash the computer if you still have your warranty on your car. The lights are now part of the warranty.
The wiring kit for the lights are already on the car your just adding the lights...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know, they started saying some bull to me when I told them I'd install the lights, The dealers around me are kinda ******s, one doesn't sell any challengers (only dodge trucks) and the other wanted to charge me a extra 3k more then the SXT I have now (had to go to little rock to get the best price around me)

If you happen to have a link saying that they go under my warranty when I put them on that'd be awesome :0 I believe you, but a link would help show the dealer how wrong they are lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, they started saying some bull to me when I told them I'd install the lights, The dealers around me are kinda ******s, one doesn't sell any challengers (only dodge trucks) and the other wanted to charge me a extra 3k more then the SXT I have now (had to go to little rock to get the best price around me)

If you happen to have a link saying that they go under my warranty when I put them on that'd be awesome :0 I believe you, but a link would help show the dealer how wrong they are lol

Ok I went to the MOPAR site Shop for parts and Accessories | Mopar Shop for parts and Accessories | Mopar[/url] and looked up lamp fog click on the button and a little window popped up then I clicked on the warranty tab and got this https://mopar.chromedata.com/Ws/(S(0vuqnhuxqifnoh3tqtbaugbg))/Resources/warranty.pdf
This is the only thing I can really find about the warranty. My dealer is the one who told me that any oem MOPAR part that I buy from them goes 6-12 months or till my factory warranty ends. They also told me yesterday that if I buy the extended Max Car it would also go on to that also..

I hope I helped a little bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok I went to the MOPAR site Shop for parts and Accessories | Mopar Shop for parts and Accessories | Mopar[/url] and looked up lamp fog click on the button and a little window popped up then I clicked on the warranty tab and got this https://mopar.chromedata.com/Ws/(S(0vuqnhuxqifnoh3tqtbaugbg))/Resources/warranty.pdf
This is the only thing I can really find about the warranty. My dealer is the one who told me that any oem MOPAR part that I buy from them goes 6-12 months or till my factory warranty ends. They also told me yesterday that if I buy the extended Max Car it would also go on to that also..

I hope I helped a little bit.
That did help, thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought the Driving fog light kit from my Dodge dealer. I got 2 lights (0518 2025AA) and the Switch (6802 92265AD-001) for $110.28 and installed them my self. Fogot to order the screws. So I just went to Ace hardware and got 4 self tapping #6 x 3/4 stainless screw. It took less than an hour to install. I did remove the front tires to make it a little easier. The hardest part about the job was getting the blanks out.
After installing the light I did find out that if you but the switch on A you now have automatic headlights, but no fog lights.
So today I went to the Dealer to get a oil change, tire rotation and to get the computer flashed to activate the fog lights.
(Go to Mopar.com and get coupons for oil change plus other for services. I used the 19.95 coupon w/rotaion and was going to use the 15% service coupon for the flashing of the computer.)
When they came and got me after the job was done they told me that they weren't going to charge me for the computer flash. Since I had it there for the oil change. Now that a good Dealer (Findlay Dodge)
Findlay Dodge....

..are you in Findlay, Ohio?! Wow, never thought I'd spot a local on ChallengerTalk! Small world, LOL! :bigthumb:

I've always hit up Al Smith in BG or Yark in Toledo. I'll try and go to Findlay a little more. Was in there last week to price check some parts and the three or four people I talked to were SUPER nice.

I may order my 2015 R/T Shaker from Findlay instead of Yark now that you mention they're so friendly....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know I will meet you there. The dealership was bought out last year by a young kid from the Defiance area. Also if you go out there see Jim Myers he's like 6'6" and the nices guy. I've bought my last 3 cars off him. I will send you my email address in a personal message.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rptigger

I am wanting to add fog lights to my '14 SXT but I am a little concerned about the installation process.

How difficult are the fog lights to install?

Thanks

brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
rptigger

I am wanting to add fog lights to my '14 SXT but I am a little concerned about the installation process.

Thanks

brian
To my knowledge it's actually pretty easy, I'm sure your 14 is like my 13 so the wiring is already done, its just a factor of taking the black covers out and putting the fog lights in, then having it programed. I'm having a dealer install fogs on wednesday, costing me 509$ for parts and labor.

I'm sure if you do a forum search you'll find a guide, but from what iv read from other forums its pretty easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very easy. The hardest pat was getting the black vents out. Took less than half an hour.. per side...take the tire off..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lights are 102 with the switch so they are charging you 407 for labor charge.. Less than a hour of work..

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
.....I am wanting to add fog lights to my '14 SXT but I am a little concerned about the installation process.

Thanks

brian
Ok, I just finished adding fog lights to our new 2014 sxt yesterday. I had done it to our 2011 SE, and it turned out to be the exact same process, even 3 years later.

Parts:

2 fog lamps: #5182025AA
4 T20 torx self-tapping screws: 6506579AA
1 Headlight switch w/fogs switch: 68189148AA

Installation:

1. Jack up and remove the front tire. Safely support the car with jackstands, use wheel chocks etc. Make the car safe to work on! you can just turn in the wheel, but this gives you more room and is easier.
2. Open the inner fender on the front side of the wheel. I think altogether I took out 6 of those plastic rivet thingys, and 2 small metal screws from underneath. Spread the plastic inner fender open, and you can see the back of the black plastic blank right there. Look around with a flashlight, and you will find a connector hanging somewhere thereabouts.
3. I used a long screwdriver on the blank and just pounded it a couple of times with my hand and it popped out the front.
4. Insert the fog lamp into the front of the fascia, adjustment screw on top, there are 2 plastic pins that slide into place. Insert and tighten the 2 screws. Hint: I pre-screwed the screws in, before installing the lamp, it makes it easier when you're working inside the fender.
5. Grab the connector hanging there and push it onto the fog lamp connector. It should give a nice "click" when you get it on.
6. Close up the inner fender, put all screws and plastic rivet thingys back in place, re-install wheel.
7. Do the other side, same as the first.
8. Get in the driver's seat, rest your aching back, look at the new switch with it's 3 clips that hold it in place, this is exactly what you are taking out. Use some sort of thin trimstick to dis-engage these clips and pop the switch out. Remember to be careful and not damage the dash, you are going to be stuck looking at it if you "mess" it up.
9. Old switch has a red slider on it to lock the wiring connector on, slide it, pull the connector off, put it on the new switch, lock the connector on with the slider. Pop switch into dash.

10. Your part is now done, take it to a dealer and have them flash the car to activate the fog lights.

The fogs will not work at all until the car is flashed. The new switch has the "A" position to the left of the off position. This is for the automatic headlights which will not work properly. Turning the switch to the "A" position will just turn on all the lights.

The dealer I went charged me the "minimum" amount of $69 to turn on the fog lights.

Good luck,
Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2014 SRT8 Core came with the fog light wiring harness already? It came with the black vents, but I'm contemplating on putting in the fogs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2014 base SXT had the wiring in-place, so I would bet the Core would have the harness.

The fog lights really look good on my SXT!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2014 SRT8 Core came with the fog light wiring harness already? It came with the black vents, but I'm contemplating on putting in the fogs.
I'm pretty sure they all come pre-wired whether they have the fogs or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts