Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Try some Metallica...The More I See..up loud!!
WTF???? I tried that up loud maaan.... Made me want to go out right now and shotgun blast a squirrel and some fuzzy bunnies.. This does not help with anger management.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good..my job here is done...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've been rebuilding my library. In no order of preference...

As early as CCR, up through many popular bands such as Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Kiss, Eagles, Bad Company, REO Speedwagon, Boston, Steve Miller Band, Bob Seger, Queen, Rush, .38 Special, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, Foreigner (just saw an awesome show btw! Lead man is 54 and jumping around like Eddie Van Halen, etc used to)other constantly radio played 1 or 2 hit wonder bands like Golden Earring, Blue Oyster Cult, ....

Some 80's Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy metal...Crue, Hagar, Dio, Van Halen, GNR, Whitesnake, Kix, Poison, Tesla! (Just saw them, still great), Metallica, Ozzy, Billy Squier, Cinderella, Def Leppard (Just saw them, ok live, mainly as a bucket list thing), Journey, Mellancamp, Megadeth, Skid Row, Slaughter, Great White, Dangerous Toys ...some one or so good record bands, one hit wonders...

90's...Alice in Chains, Candlebox, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, Firehouse, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Soundgarden, The Black Crowes, Hootie and the Blowfish, Green Day, The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Jackyl, some other popular one or two album bands...still working on more

2000's on, thinner collection so I mainly have isolated albums or the "best of"... Airbourne, Velvet Revolver, Black Label Society, Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed, Jet, Nickelback, and later a band named Aranda...working on this era too but there's not as much that I like.

There's some late music (maybe even buy a whole album) I like here and there, but miss the "great" band era.

If anyone has some suggestions for my list that I've forgotten or I'm unaware of that you think I may like, please suggest some!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The magic of the Challenger is that it is designed to look just like it's forerunner from 1970. If you were to take a trip with me back in time to the Waterford Kettering parking in the fall of that year, you would find a sophomore named Gary House walking home while watching the parade of muscle cars with fat rear tires, aftermarket chrome rims and music blasting. How I longed to own one some day. The stereos sounded lousy by today's standards, and most of you young fellers would say the music did as well. But we didn't care. I loved that old music then, and still do today.

So once again, I beg to disagree with most of you about favorite music. Every song blasting out those speakers in those days was 15 years old OR LESS, and those songs were indeed the golden era of music. No wonder the genre is known as golden oldies. There were perhaps 1000 songs that I just loved at that time, and I still do today. They were my favorites then, and they are my favorites now. Music, like so many modern car designs, has gotten much more complex and sophisticated. But in my books, too much of it has gotten worse, not better.

Just like the simple lines of my Challenger, I love the "simple" of the music of the 50's and 60's, and always will.

·
Registered
27 Posts
...Dance to the Music...

The magic of the Challenger is that it is designed to look just like it's forerunner from 1970. If you were to take a trip with me back in time to the Waterford Kettering parking in the fall of that year, you would find a sophomore named Gary House walking home while watching the parade of muscle cars with fat rear tires, aftermarket chrome rims and music blasting. How I longed to own one some day. The stereos sounded lousy by today's standards, and most of you young fellers would say the music did as well. But we didn't care. I loved that old music then, and still do today.

So once again, I beg to disagree with most of you about favorite music. Every song blasting out those speakers in those days was 15 years old OR LESS, and those songs were indeed the golden era of music. No wonder the genre is known as golden oldies. There were perhaps 1000 songs that I just loved at that time, and I still do today. They were my favorites then, and they are my favorites now. Music, like so many modern car designs, has gotten much more complex and sophisticated. But in my books, too much of it has gotten worse, not better.

Just like the simple lines of my Challenger, I love the "simple" of the music of the 50's and 60's, and always will.
The above quote largely applies to myself (check out my signature below).
Through my young daughters I have found the likes of Cake By the Ocean (DNCE), which goes great with my 2010 Challenger R/T Classic. Thanks to a viewing of the film Superfly (2018), I eventually wended my way towards Curtis Mayfield's Superfly soundtrack. The film is second rate (part of the Blaxploitation film genre of the 70's - Black actors finding employment outside of domestic roles), but the Mayfield work is one of the best pure soundtracks I have ever heard (as much as I love the film and music of American Graffiti, not a true soundtrack). Only started groovin' to this one of late, but it has become a favourite while driving Kiki around.
Like a previous poster, it would be difficult riding shotgun with most of you. But if it gave me the chance to check out your ride, I just might be able to bear with it. Especially if you love your Challenger as much as I love Kiki.
Ciao, baby!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Montrose- hot sweet and sticky

I know this is an old thread/post but gotta lay this straight. The song is called "Rock Candy" by Montrose. And agreed, it's an awesome driving song, as is most of that Montrose album. I'll have to throw in "Bad Motor Scooter" and "Space Station #5" as well >:)

Ronnie Montrose (RIP) is one of those unknown guitar heroes except to other unknown guitar heroes. LOL Huge influence for me back when. Gotta give him proper props!

FYI - For those unfamiliar, this was also the debut of a young singer (16 yrs old) called Sammy Hagar. He did OK too. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Music played by the HEMI 5.7L and Mopar Performance Exhaust. When I am in the city or rural areas, I am in sport mode with the full sound of the V-8 front and center! That is my main reason for going with the V-8 over the V-6. When I am on the highway at cruising speed I tend to listen to Octane or Liquid Metal on Sirius XM or whatever the mood dictates.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Montrose...unknown? :) I'm from the Bay Area, and maybe that's why that strikes me, hardly unknown. I saw original Montrose, Sammy and Montrose after Sammy went solo, Gamma. He played guitar on Frankenstein. RIP

A Guy

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
46 Participants
A Guy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing