Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See a few challengers around town at night that have their DRL (orange halos) and their headlights on at the same time. Is this a setting (on all models or just higher packages?) Or are they running something aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,441 Posts
If the car did not come from the factory with DRLs enabled, they can be enabled, but it takes a trip to the dealership to do it.

Unless the car was originally sold new in Canada. All Canadian cars have to have DRLs, so any Challenger destined to be sold there will have them enabled before being sold new.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah when driving during the day they are on. But at night I only have the white headlights. Some vehicles I see at night have both running.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Some vehicles I see at night have both running.
What year Challengers are these?

Because this configuration is not possible with the factory setup on 2015 and newer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know they are usually in oncoming traffic so I don't get a chance to see the rear end which is the way that I personally know how to tell the pre15 and the 15+. Could be some after market setup.

2020 Challenger GT - Pitch Black w/Blacktop package
105 Posts
If the car did not come from the factory with DRLs enabled, they can be enabled, but it takes a trip to the dealership to do it.

Unless the car was originally sold new in Canada. All Canadian cars have to have DRLs, so any Challenger destined to be sold there will have them enabled before being sold new.
See that's weird to me, I read that in another post somewhere else but on my 2020 it was just a check box in the settings on Uconnect. Is that an updated feature or something? Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding the definition of a DRL. (that was what it was labeled in the menus btw).

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
See that's weird to me, I read that in another post somewhere else but on my 2020 it was just a check box in the settings on Uconnect. Is that an updated feature or something? Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding the definition of a DRL. (that was what it was labeled in the menus btw).
It was a new feature beginning in 2015 to allow drivers of US cars to turn the DRLs on by themselves. Prior to that, only the dealer could do it. Canada cars got them by default. So we've got it easy now, but wasn't always the case.

Here's what the 2008 thru 2014 DRLs looked like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts

I think this feature can be enabled with AlfaOBD or tazer (configuration change in the BCM) and does not require dealership intervention. Sort of like being able to add the easy exit function which adds a switch to enable/disable in the uconnect unit. Although not 100% sure on +2018 models as it seems like certain changes only work on 2015-2017 models (for example on the LX forum it was discovered you can change odometer display on 2015 models but not on a 2019...this is only an example and should not be attempted).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts