Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 Challenger SRT that I need the DRL shut off. It's a Canadian car; therefore they are automatically on. I know the US models can be turned off via the apps on the dash.
This is not an option on the Canadian modes. I have sold the car and need the drl turned off but still need the turn signals.
I have been told it can be done with step down buck converters or through an ECM flash. Canadian dealers can not do it being the car is still in canada any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will post once I get Chance to play with it. May be possible. I can have different light to be work as drl with tazer like amber light or halo rings but never try to turn them off

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
According to Tazer it can (line 9 in feature list in link above). I can do it thru the Tazer on my car but since it is a US model I can do it via Uconnect menu as well. What is not clear is if it the model sales region matters as OP vehicle is a CND model. I don't think it matters but NOESP might be able to answer this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes on American cars on the apps screen there is a spot to turn them off/on. Cdn cars do not even off that option listed.
I went to dealer today and they even contact Chrysler technical support and they couldn't add that option.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
No fuse or relay either don't think, not sure how to turn them off.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,614 Posts
I suspect the DRLs could be turned off with the scan tool. However, unless it is registered in the US, you likely won't get a dealer to do it. A Guy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have a 2016 SRT and although I can turn off the DRL which are essentially the two yellow inside lights. These yellow I would consider to be a fog light not a DRL.
I cannot turn off the four white halo lights which are on all the time.
These are what I would call DRL lights but they aren't called that.
I actually went to the dealer after I got my car because they would not shut off and was told those are on all the time and cannot be turned off and are not considered DRLs. But they are...
I also don't like that the outside ones change color when the turn signal is on for that particular side.
It looks stupid to have a white light on one side and a flashing yellow on the other side. WTF were they thinking.
Oh well have to live with it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,614 Posts
The DRLs are what flash for a turn, the inside lights. The outsides do not change color and flash. And yes, the white halos are always on. A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also have a 2016 SRT and although I can turn off the DRL which are essentially the two yellow inside lights. These yellow I would consider to be a fog light not a DRL.
I cannot turn off the four white halo lights which are on all the time.
These are what I would call DRL lights but they aren't called that.
I actually went to the dealer after I got my car because they would not shut off and was told those are on all the time and cannot be turned off and are not considered DRLs. But they are...
I also don't like that the outside ones change color when the turn signal is on for that particular side.
It looks stupid to have a white light on one side and a flashing yellow on the other side. WTF were they thinking.
Oh well have to live with it.
The halos are not considered DRLs because they are not bright enough to meet DRL requirements. Turn signals held on are bright enough to be DRL. As seen on many other vehicles such as Corvettes, Cadillacs etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
737 Posts
These are the DRL options with Tazer software version 2.3.1.
Set DRL Dropout: This setting is enabled by default, making the DRL turn off when using a turn signal. Turning this OFF
will keep the DRL on even when a turn signal is in use.
Set DRL Type : Choose USA (on but selectable), Canada (on all the time), or off.
Set DRL Location : Choose which lights to use as DRL’s (results vary with vehicle model) – Dedicated DRL, SRT DRL’s,
Turns, Fogs, Hi beams or Low beams.
Tazer does not need to remain installed after these settings are selected.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Played with drl little bit tazer gave me options to pick USA vs none Canada and dlr different option also there is an option none.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Question is this with the tazer... does it shut them off if you have them on in your system or in a Canadian car?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Question is this with the tazer... does it shut them off if you have them on in your system or in a Canadian car?
Dewser, I have a 2015 US model and tazer shuts off the DRL (amber lights, halos stay on). The question that no one seems to have answered does it turn it off on a Canadian car? I posted a link (see post 8) were a guy figured out a way without using tazer or the dealer but requires some electronic modification.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update on the Tazer and DRL; it works on Canadian cars to shut them off and allows you to make them like an American car!!! Thanks for your help; now if I could just do the same with my Escalade!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts