Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dodge challenger 2020 and one of the DRL passenger side is less brighter than driver side. Is there anyway I can brighten the passenger side. Any suggestions??
thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Ray ;) There are no separate adjustment for the DRLs. Either you have a bad DRL, or there is a voltage problem. Sounds like Dealer time

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately im based in the UK and car has been imported. I have attached a photo below.
It looks really annoying seeing my drl like this
Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Hmmm, are the headlights on in that picture? All 4 seem to be white, which is what you get when the headlights are on. The DRLs are amber, and only on when the car is running, headlights are off, and parking brake is off (assuming you have the DRLs turned on in light settings).

Are we talking white halo that is less bright than other white halo?

DRLs on, inner halos amber outer white, but less bright when headlights off

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, are the headlights on in that picture? All 4 seem to be white, which is what you get when the headlights are on. The DRLs are amber, and only on when the car is running, headlights are off, and parking brake is off (assuming you have the DRLs turned on in light settings).

A Guy
I thought how it is now (halo) is the daytime running light. Or is this something to do with the headlight conversion that I had to do as I dont think we cant drive with ambers in the uk 🤷🏻‍♂️ However i’m talking about the white halo yes

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,181 Posts

DRLs on, inner halos amber outer white, but less bright when headlights off

A Guy
Since his car is imported....he may not have that setting, ala @KWSPWB

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Ahhh, ok, well the halos originally white outer ring, amber inner ring...same light assembly though. Was the difference there before the conversion? I'm going to assume it's a voltage issue (?)

Question, in the picture you are driving with the headlights off, and that always gives you 4 white halos?

When you then headlights on, the halos stay on, and you get the actual center of outer light on?

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ahhh, ok, well the halos originally white outer ring, amber inner ring...same light assembly though. Was the difference there before the conversion? I'm going to assume it's a voltage issue (?)

Question, in the picture you are driving with the headlights off, and that always gives you 4 white halos?

When you then headlights on, the halos stay on, and you get the actual center of outer light on?

A Guy
I dont know if it was like this before as I bought it like this. I only just found out after the purchase. So my lights are set in auto at the moment, I have sent another picture how it is when it gets dark

I actually dont have a picture at the moment but will take one with the headlights on

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
OK, you can see in this picture there is an inner and outer halo ring (click on picture to enlarge), inner being the amber. I assume they just modify to keep that inner ring off, and in doing the conversion, they have altered the drive voltage to the outer white ring.

If I read you right, you didn't have the conversion done, so cannot take the car back to where it was done to have them look into it?

That's where I'd begin if I had the option, they are no doubt well versed in the methods used to make the conversion

If that isn't an option, perhaps contact someone that does these conversions and inquire. I'd think based on what they do to turn off the amber DRLs, they'd be able to check for any voltage differences and correct it (assuming the actual light assembly isn't somehow to blame)

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
42 Posts
I also have the european conversion done. I can't help you much but one thing that I noticed is that on the DLR setting, the 4 white halos are brighter than in parking light setting. So my guess is that whoever did the conversion messed something up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts