Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i do not know if it is the look? Or maybe i am just more noticable; however, since turning on the DRLs at the dealer, i have been challenged, revved at, or otherwise provoked by other cars more in the last two months then the two years iv owned her.

How long will self restraint hold out. Who knows. Car looks badass from the front now. Even more then it did prior to the DRLs.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
weird, how does a car pulling up next to you, from behind, know you have DRL's on?
Do they see you from oncomming traffic and swing a U to catch up or something?
I'm not seeing the correlation between the two, maybe there is none...like I said...weird

·
Registered
710 Posts
So i do not know if it is the look? Or maybe i am just more noticable; however, since turning on the DRLs at the dealer, i have been challenged, revved at, or otherwise provoked by other cars more in the last two months then the two years iv owned her.

How long will self restraint hold out. Who knows. Car looks badass from the front now. Even more then it did prior to the DRLs.
It's not the DRL's, everybody seems to want to F**K with Challengers even a Pruis and it doesn't matter if it's an SE, R/T or an SRT. I think that is because the average person doesn't know the difference, some want to race, some want to taunt you to downshift and smoke the tires at a 30 mph roll to get away from them and then there are the ones that will block you into traffic then slow down so you can't get around them, this is a Chicago thing, thank god they just passed conceal carry here lol. The Challenger is not seen on the street as much as the Camaro and Mustang that just blend into the daily grind so when people see a Challenger it stirs up all kind of emotions good and bad.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
weird, how does a car pulling up next to you, from behind, know you have DRL's on?
Do they see you from oncomming traffic and swing a U to catch up or something?
I'm not seeing the correlation between the two, maybe there is none...like I said...weird
You assume he's always in front of everyone...forgetting that he could end up pulling up next to someone that's already stopped, so they notice him coming from the rear due to the DRLs. ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
You assume he's always in front of everyone...forgetting that he could end up pulling up next to someone that's already stopped, so they notice him coming from the rear due to the DRLs. ;)
That's what I was thinking. He could pass them as the are making a right turn, so they would see his front and still be behind him.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's not the DRL's, everybody seems to want to F**K with Challengers even a Pruis and it doesn't matter if it's an SE, R/T or an SRT. I think that is because the average person doesn't know the difference, some want to race, some want to taunt you to downshift and smoke the tires at a 30 mph roll to get away from them and then there are the ones that will block you into traffic then slow down so you can't get around them, this is a Chicago thing, thank god they just passed conceal carry here lol. The Challenger is not seen on the street as much as the Camaro and Mustang that just blend into the daily grind so when people see a Challenger it stirs up all kind of emotions good and bad.
I'm From Chicago As Well What ( Stealership)Dealership Did U Take Your Car In To Activate Your DRL's
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did get them activated at the dealer, but i live in SC. pulling up behind a few mustangs i got the rev. One genisis (w/e) pulled out in front of me and nearly crashed ttrying to race me. obviously people cannot see them from behind me, more so from people i come up behind or see me coming towards them.

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts

DRLs are what?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I have loud exhaust pickup trucks trying to race all the time.
Somehow people think these cars are heavy and slow.
My nephew had heard that,but he knows better now since I smoked his SS Camaro!

DRL's do look good on the Challengers!

·
Registered
14,081 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
you're right, I assumed with the HEMI he would not be behind anyone :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I think its just "the season" because I've also been getting an abnormal amount of "challenges" this week... 2 this week alone. 3 if you include the guy revving his engine non stop at me after he tried to race me a few blocks back.

Shifty

·
Registered
588 Posts
I guess I'm one of those guys who don't like DRLs. (i understand the safety aspect) I remember when I was in the Pontiac Grand Prix Club (Chicago Chapter), all of us wanted our DRLs off and run Blazertech fogs only. Lucky for us it was a just simple fuse.

I'm very happy that my Challenger doesnt have DRLs.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I think its just "the season" because I've also been getting an abnormal amount of "challenges" this week... 2 this week alone. 3 if you include the guy revving his engine non stop at me after he tried to race me a few blocks back.

Shifty
Heres my rule of thumb. If im cruising with both windows down, radio cranked, (which i always am, whether it be 110 or 10 degrees. Thats why God invented leather jackets and seat warmers haha) and i cant hear your engine rev over 3DG, im not gonna waste my gas. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts