Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was noticing some people with my exact exhaust say no drone whatsoever, and than some people have drone, like me. I was wondering what you guys thought about drone and tip placement. For example the more the tips are inside, more flush with the bumper, more resonating into the body of the car.

Or people with tips that stick farther out, the tips and sound are outside the car, thus no drone?

Just a simple question, wondering about your guys answer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I think it mostly comes down to some people hear drone as drone, and others hear drone as the powerful and assertive sound that they associate with the sound of why anybody gets an aftermarket exhaust in the first place. It's kind of like car stereos. Some people want a balanced and acurate sound quality, while others want to be bludgeoned with a resonant 60 hz technobeat that booms as loudly as is possible with human technology. One man's disaster could be utter nirvana to another.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
To me drone is harmonic sound that rings inside he ear and also feels like when your on a plane and your ears have to pop when you swallow. Why some have it and some don't I think is in the ear of the beholder. Not the positioning of the tips

·
Registered
193 Posts
My Mopar exaust has a drone around 2200rpm. It does get annoying. Its a hum that makes me hit the gas to get past it fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts