Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a complete stock 2010 6.1 with a procharger running 6 pds max boost and i need to replace pistons. my question is would you lower the compression ratio? and where do i buy the drop in pistons? should i change the rods?

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is Peter from Canada I just bought piston and rods from ya guys. Will the lower compression alter the car at all ? You see I am having the dealership install the pistons and rods but doing the supercharger myself .procharger p1sc the plan is to drive it back from the dealership which is a couple hundred kms from where I live.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
This is Peter from Canada I just bought piston and rods from ya guys. Will the lower compression alter the car at all ? You see I am having the dealership install the pistons and rods but doing the supercharger myself .procharger p1sc the plan is to drive it back from the dealership which is a couple hundred kms from where I live.

you will be fine just do not do any WOT runs untill you get it tuned

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
you will be fine just do not do any WOT runs untill you get it tuned
^^^^^ Dont go WOT,,, with that many miles to drive, that will be a tuff one not to go wot. lol lol

Modern,, with the drop in what piston to wall clearence are you guys seeing with the wear they have by the time pistons are "dropped in" with guess of 20 to 30,000 miles on the clock. ? ?

Thanks FlatTop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts