Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the dealership meant by this.
I ended up having a rear brake line pulled, bent and cracked. The dealership said its a $1895 repair and that none of there mechanics have ever had to do one yet and that dropping the cradle is the reason the cost is so high

·
Registered
435 Posts
Does anyone know what the dealership meant by this.
I ended up having a rear brake line pulled, bent and cracked. The dealership said its a $1895 repair and that none of there mechanics have ever had to do one yet and that dropping the cradle is the reason the cost is so high
The rear Cradle bolts to the body and holds the suspension parts.It's only 4 bolts.Probably just need to lower it a few inches and snake the line out.Sounds like a $300 dollar job.Did you bend any suspension parts??

·
Banned
804 Posts
Holy crap.....a cradle drop is nothing. That seems really high. I take it this was external damage and not warranty? It takes less than an hour to drop the cradle, I am not sure which line you pulled but I doubt the fix would take more than 3-4 hours even for a tech that never did it. Did you ask the dealer how much the part is? I'd wanna know just how bad they are trying to screw me over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be asking now for sure thanks for the quick reply. the Cars a 09 and I drive daily. (even in the winter i know i know) It is only the brake line that is damaged, I will go to my regular mechanic and tell him everything, and try and get the part off napa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts