Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, two weeks to the day I got my Challenger back. For those two weeks during multiple visits to the dealership I've been eyeing the white Scat Pack sitting there taunting me. I looked her over good and took her out for a ride. WOW!!! The 6.4 and A8 combo is a beautiful thing!!!! It made me smile and my R/T feel slow. Now flame me if you like but that's where my love ends. There are lots of cool "toys" inside, and this one has them all. The new interior is nice, very nice, it looks and feels better quality, but I prefer the more classic look of mine. The downside, to me, is it feels crowded, I guess it's because it's more of the "****pit" design. My seats are also more comfy. There is a lot to love and I can see why those of you that have one do. If I had the $$$ to have a great car for a weekends I'd buy it RIGHT NOW!! For my current needs tho it's just not worth $25k plus my car in trade. Y'all put the loud pedal down for me ... for now I'll just have to move over to the slow lane as you go by ....

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Giving up a car that you really like, +25K, isn't easy and most times just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't have traded my R/TC either, but when it got flood totaled, I had a check in my hand, as my "baby" was gone. It was an easy choice and move.

Glad that you got your car fixed and home.....................(that 392/A8 will stick in your mind though! LOL) :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Last night, two weeks to the day I got my Challenger back. For those two weeks during multiple visits to the dealership I've been eyeing the white Scat Pack sitting there taunting me. I looked her over good and took her out for a ride. WOW!!! The 6.4 and A8 combo is a beautiful thing!!!! It made me smile and my R/T feel slow. Now flame me if you like but that's where my love ends. There are lots of cool "toys" inside, and this one has them all. The new interior is nice, very nice, it looks and feels better quality, but I prefer the more classic look of mine. The downside, to me, is it feels crowded, I guess it's because it's more of the "****pit" design. My seats are also more comfy. There is a lot to love and I can see why those of you that have one do. If I had the $$$ to have a great car for a weekends I'd buy it RIGHT NOW!! For my current needs tho it's just not worth $25k plus my car in trade. Y'all put the loud pedal down for me ... for now I'll just have to move over to the slow lane as you go by ....

Funny you mention the seats, I recently bought a 5.7 instead of a 6.4 after flip flopping back and forth for a few reasons, but the main might have been the seats were a great deal more comfortable for me. I'm a bigger guy so it makes sense that the less aggressive buckets would be better. Going from a 13 to a 17 I absolutely love the new interior (except for the cup holder on the door) and all toys in the computer. It feels like every aspect is an upgrade.

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Giving up a car that you really like, +25K, isn't easy and most times just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't have traded my R/TC either, but when it got flood totaled, I had a check in my hand, as my "baby" was gone. It was an easy choice and move.

Glad that you got your car fixed and home.....................(that 392/A8 will stick in your mind though! LOL) :)
Agreed 10,000% .... If mine "had" to replaced The Scat pack would be in my driveway NOW!! Mine's paid for and running good so I'll just keep her for now. Oh and yes that 392/A8 was going thru my brain all night and still now, very seductive combo!!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Can do a LOT to your 5.7 for $25,000... Keep your car. It really is your car since it's paid off too. I really like my new interior but I like the simple feel of the '08-'14 interiors as well.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Yep, I had no issues with the '10 R/TC's interior. Those seats were very comfortable for my butt. Easier to get in and out of, compared to my SP seats.

That said, I do like my SP seats too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Funny you mention the seats, I recently bought a 5.7 instead of a 6.4 after flip flopping back and forth for a few reasons, but the main might have been the seats were a great deal more comfortable for me. I'm a bigger guy so it makes sense that the less aggressive buckets would be better. Going from a 13 to a 17 I absolutely love the new interior (except for the cup holder on the door) and all toys in the computer. It feels like every aspect is an upgrade.
Cup holder on the door? I have a round area near the front of my door that kinda looks like a cup holder but there is a molded image moulded into the plastic of a cup with a x through it telling you it's not a cup holder. Yours could be different I suppose.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Cup holder on the door? I have a round area near the front of my door that kinda looks like a cup holder but there is a molded image moulded into the plastic of a cup with a x through it telling you it's not a cup holder. Yours could be different I suppose.
The little drawing indicates its a bottle holder, not a cup holder, just bad placement for me at least and a few others (http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f39/cup-holder-delete-502490/). It is right where my leg rests and after almost 3 weeks, I still have a sore spot on my leg even after my mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
"...For my current needs tho it's just not worth $25k plus my car in trade...."
You are right sir. If you find that you can't sleep at night, and you spend every waking moment thinking about buying a new Challenger, maybe that's different.

However, buyer's remorse can keep you up at night too.

I've purchased many things in the past (thank God they weren't nearly as expensive as my Challenger) and have kicked myself over and over for buying them. Funny how I obsess over wasting money. I don't even like wasting paper towels for that matter. Maybe I'm weird like that. That's part of the reason I ask so many questions before I buy something, and why I love this forum. Talk about a storehouse of information. WOW. But I digress.

I hate dealing with buyer's remorse. But it can come from two different sources.

First, from buying less than you really wanted. Ya kick yourself every time you see somebody with what you REALLY should have bought.

But second, and even worse, is buying MORE than you really needed. Now ya get to kick yourself every time you make a payment, and every time you look at all the gismos that you just paid for but really don't care about.

This is what you just avoided, sir.

I knew I had to have my SRT392. I would have indeed settled for a Scat Pack Shaker, but buying a cream puff 2015 w/16k miles for 36 even... back on June 29th this year, was a deal I couldn't pass up.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I just have to comment on that suppose-id cup holder in the door panel of the 15+ Challengers... I don't get it. I put a bottle of water in there a few times, and you make a sharp left turn, and the bottle hit you in the leg. :confused: Maybe they could have made that "holder" a little taller?

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Agreed 10,000% .... If mine "had" to replaced The Scat pack would be in my driveway NOW!! Mine's paid for and running good so I'll just keep her for now. Oh and yes that 392/A8 was going thru my brain all night and still now, very seductive combo!!

Yep, that "seductive combo" initially kept me from being still upset about losing my R/TC. Now, I have fond memories of it, and a BIG grin with what I'm now driving.

Loving every minute of it, but 'Ol Yeller was my original sweetheart

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
I made the proper mistake of test driving a Scat Pack, and when I got back in my R/T Classic, it just wasn't the same, the Scat Pack stole the show. Traded in my R/T soon after, and haven't thought about the R/T until I saw it on the highway twice last year.
Go for it, you won't regret it. Mine is my daily driver, too.
This weekend I will replicate this picture again, this time there will be about 225 Mopars behind me, not just 140 like last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I made the proper mistake of test driving a Scat Pack, and when I got back in my R/T Classic, it just wasn't the same, the Scat Pack stole the show. Traded in my R/T soon after, and haven't thought about the R/T until I saw it on the highway twice last year.
This weekend I will replicate this picture again, this time there will be about 225 Mopars behind me, not just 140 like last year.

And that's why I didn't test drive a 392/A8 when I had my R/TC. My mind is/was messed up enough! LOL

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I chose to buy a used 2009 R/T even though I can easily afford a brand new scat pack. I like modding my cars heavily. So I bought a 16k as my project car. I am loving my car!
I smell a build thread... Share your progress.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
How come you get to lead?

A Guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts