Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buddy of mine picked up a new leftover 2015 Roush RS2, so I went gave him a ride up to the dealer, and lunch afterward. He let me drive it for a bit, and here are some of my impressions.

Appearance: Roush did a really nice job of improving the looks. The unique front end, and other styling really make the car look much nicer than a regular Mustang. His car is competition orange, so being a fan of that color since my old boss 302 was that color, I thought it looked really nice.

Performance: Engine wise, it's stock Mustang GT fair, though he got a big discount on the Roush Stage 2 supercharger, which will give him 720 hp with a warranty. $8k tuned, and installed for the kit. In it's current stock form, the car performs really well, and loves to rev. It's not as quick as my Scat Pack, that much is obvious, but it's quick all the same. Comes with the Roush quad tip active exhaust, which sounded real nice.

Handling: The Mustang handles really well. I hit some twisty bits, and it's a hoot in the turns. Feels very planted and grip is impressive. One nice thing about the Coyote engine is that since it does not make big low end torque, it's easier to modulate corner exit without knocking the tires off. The car has Roush wheels/tires, strut brace, but retains the GT performance pack suspension. Ride quality is not as nice as my Scat Pack, but it is more taught, which some prefer.

Interior: Nice, some unique Roush badges with serial number, etc. Leather, Nav. This interior is miles better than my 2012 Boss 302.

Overall he is thrilled. He loves the Challenger, but wanted something a bit smaller and more sports car / handling orientated. He wanted something a bit more exclusive than a plain Mustang, so this fit the bill pretty well, and he got about $12K off list.

Anyway, nice car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gratuitous bad cell phone pic at the dealer. He insisted they not detail before pick up. The poor thing was filthy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I know a lot of folks on here don't care for them, but I think the new Mustangs are sharp looking cars. And Roush does good work. When he gets that kit installed, your friend will have a hell of a ride.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a lot of folks on here don't care for them, but I think the new Mustangs are sharp looking cars. And Roush does good work. When he gets that kit installed, your friend will have a hell of a ride.
Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of the front ends, but the Roush looks so much better. Otherwise, the car looks real nice, and relatively familiar looking in terms of past Mustangs. For under $50K he'll have more power than a Hellcat, a warranty. It does make me wish that us 392 guys had strong enough internals to handle more power like the Mustangs do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts