Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I made my first post here in 2008 but I never bought a Challenger (life sidetracked me for awhile). So today I looked at a Destroyer gray T/A 392 and the same color Hellcat. I drove the T/A. Nice car and good power, solid. The only down side was it had cloth seats and I really want leather. If I'm going to pay for a premium car I want a premium interior. Of course the Hellcat has it all. Destroyer gray with carbon stripes and black wheels, looks good. Hey it even has the block heater, I'm sure that will be handy this summer down here in Tucson, LOL. I'll try to close the deal next week. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Good Luck russ69! Whatever choice, I'm sure you're gonna fall in love. And yeah, WHY there's even cloth seats in a T/A kinda gets me. I remember seeing the Dodge introduction of the T/A where they talked about the cloth houndstooth. I drove a Camaro for 6 years with cloth and to be honest, they were pretty comfy and durable, but yeah, this is 2017 and a Challenger isn't a Cavalier. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi guys. I made my first post here in 2008 but I never bought a Challenger (life sidetracked me for awhile). So today I looked at a Destroyer gray T/A 392 and the same color Hellcat. I drove the T/A. Nice car and good power, solid. The only down side was it had cloth seats and I really want leather. If I'm going to pay for a premium car I want a premium interior. Of course the Hellcat has it all. Destroyer gray with carbon stripes and black wheels, looks good. Hey it even has the block heater, I'm sure that will be handy this summer down here in Tucson, LOL. I'll try to close the deal next week. Wish me luck.
There are a couple of T/A's on my local dealer's lot that have the leather seats with the suede inserts.
I always thought that the houndstooth seats were a nostalgic thing. Those seats do allow someone to get
In a T/A for a lower price. Good luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why didn't you consider an SRT 392?
Well no reason really. I like just about every Challenger model. I wanted one with at least a little visual pop and I thought the best two cars they had on the lot were a T/A and a Hellcat. They had a SRT 392 but it was plain white and I had three white cars in a row and I want to wash and wax a different color if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The T/A is a fantastic package and they look great but I bought a destroyer gray with carbon stripes Hellcat. Wow what a car, maybe more car than I need but it is NICE.
9270b3512865b4b04f72075d68c9e84fx.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,235 Posts
Good luck on your decision, both are great cars but it would be tough to pass on the power of the Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
They took those suede seats out of mine and put in katzkin!!!! Any colors I wanted. GO ASK, yes you need leather in the t/a..........come on!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
dodge.com

Go to dodge.com and check inventory in your area. Also on the dealers lot, see their prices, shocking the differences. It is worth the drive for the right car. You can bring it local for service.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
If you can afford it, go with the Hellcat. You won't get buyer's remorse. I had a 392 and the Hellcat is superior in every way as it should.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts