Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up in hilly backroads during a lake effect snow squall. Roads were completely covered, maybe 3-5 inches on average. Not saying this is the easiest car to drive in snow but it handled very well(R/T 6-speed w 18in stock tires). Made it up a few very long and steep hills(one at about 10mph steering against fishtail for most of the way up) Only complaint I have is the ABS as usual tended to overreact to any bit of sliding when braking, but this is easily avoided by downshifting to slow down. As long as you're paying attention and driving very deliberately the challenger actually does quite well in the snow. Sorry to anyone who cringes at the thought of a challenger in snow instead of a warm garage(don't have another car). Drive safely.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I dont worry about my cars in show. I worry about other drivers. Growing up in A small rural town in Illinois Snow and cold weather (as much as I hate cold weather) it don't bother me. But these guys in VA cant drive in adverse weather worth crap. It snowed here last night and aside from some sliding in the corners (kinda fun actually) but if your responsible its actually quite stable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont worry about my cars in show. I worry about other drivers. Growing up in A small rural town in Illinois Snow and cold weather (as much as I hate cold weather) it don't bother me. But these guys in VA cant drive in adverse weather worth crap. It snowed here last night and aside from some sliding in the corners (kinda fun actually) but if your responsible its actually quite stable.
Good point. Fortunately where I was(rural upstate NY) I only passed maybe 5 cars in an hr of driving.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Put a set of snow tires on it, and it does about as well as many smaller SUVs. Nice and heavy and low center of gravity, plus good weight distribution. Makes a decent winter driver, so long as you stay off the gas. :devil:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I drove mine today and could not get up my driveway. I have the Goodyear F1s and they are terrible. Good think I just ordered some police package steelies and some winter tires that should be here this week.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thankfully the clean up crew for snow is consists of a guy with a microphone infront of a tv camera. No salt or sand.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Well I can't say what the F1's are like the first sign of snow the winters went on we had about 4" a few hours after I finished so I went out and played for a bit I must say the car did well easy on the throttle and all is fine stopping on hills was no problem either now just have to stay away from all the idot drivers on the road and all will be good lol.
Here is a few pics one of the Police wheels with Toyo Observe tires going on and the other of the finished product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts