Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions about the Arrington V-CAI-90 HEMI Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the 6.1. Are they dry or wet filters? Also, I have heard about trouble with fitting...could you address this? Very interested.

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have one I bought in 2012 and it not a dry filter
Ah ok gotcha! Thanks for the response. Quick question, do you know if the filters are interchangeable? For example, would I be able to put a aFe Stage II filter on an Arrington or Frankentake tube? I just love the carbon fiber look and performance. Also, how do you like your CAI?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't know . Have thought about it though. It would depend on the neck size and weather it would fit in the box. If you could meet those two requirements I see no reason why you couldn't exchange the filter . I like it ok though it is pretty expensive . Also don't expect and great performance boost as the stock air boxes actually flow pretty good. I bought it for the cool factor. And as you might notice mine is a older version as the newer one's the carbon fiber tube goes all the way to the throttle body.

Imported Photos 00105.JPG

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I also agree, the cool factor carries more weight than the performance on this mod. Your car looks great, btw. Thanks for the input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts