Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had luck drying the car with a leaf blower after washing, I mean staying like 4 feet away not any closer then giving it just a quick wipe. I KNOW ITS QUICKER AND MAY HELP WIT( SCRATCHING? Anybody have thoughts on this.?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Yes, works great ;) Not touching the paint as much as possible is key to keeping it as swirl free as possible. Also good for getting water out of the mirrors and spoiler area where water seems to drip from for hours after a wash. If your car is coated or waxed/sealed, a leaf blower will remove 99.9% of water.

A Guy

·
Registered
757 Posts
Use one every time on both my mopars. As long as you aren’t blowing dust onto the car, it is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I use one washing everyone of my cars...especially where I live, with hard water being an issue, its important to get it off the car as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,259 Posts
I use it everytime I wash my car and sometimes after it rains. Works great. Like A Guy said it's great for getting the water out of the mirrors and spoiler area and front, back and side lights too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the quick replies, I will definitely be using it after every wash from now on. My car is “Pitch Black” so the less the rag or towel or anything touches it I figure the better.
On another note my car is new and I’m sure there's a ton of posts but I’m new to the forum so I’ll just ask away—-with black paint and a new car is there a polish and wax that would work best with the black finish?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I always use a leaf blower to dry my cars with excellent results and the key thing is to keep your car waxed so the beads of water "blow off" easily.
Plenty of places to buy detailing products along with "how to Info" videos....... Check out Adams, Auto Geek, Chemical Guys to name a few.
Detailing products and vendors are like sneakers: "Everyone has their favorite"
My favorite wax is Colonite laid down after a proper machine polishing and then sealant...... some guys swear by Ceramic Coatings so it’s your choice.

BTW! I love a black car but it is a "part time job" keeping it clean!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
A Guy is the black Challenger expert here. I'm sure he'll tell you the real solution soon...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Had my car paint corrected and ceramic coated at 3 months, so not able to recommend a particular wax/sealant. I just maintain the coating. @PaVaSteeler had a black challenger he kept beautiful, he might be able to chime in

A Guy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Has anyone had luck drying the car with a leaf blower after washing, I mean staying like 4 feet away not any closer then giving it just a quick wipe. I KNOW ITS QUICKER AND MAY HELP WIT( SCRATCHING? Anybody have thoughts on this.?
Exactly what A Guy said!! That's also what I use and it works great.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
305 Posts
Yep, been doing it for years. Beats the hell out of hand drying and no chance of fine scratches if you miss a spot. You will see it beforehand. Light terrycloth to get the residual and you're ready for shine time....;)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Yep, been doing it for years. Beats the hell out of hand drying and no chance of fine scratches if you miss a spot. You will see it beforehand. Light microfiber to get the residual and you're ready for shine time....;)
Fixed that for you ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 RT, Manual, Destroyer Gray
4 Posts
Don't forget to wear your hearing protection when using the leafblower, as you'll certainly have it up around your ears to do the roof! Where did I leave those damn hearing aids?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,576 Posts
They work Great!

Check your guards on your leaf blower too and make sure that they are secure and in place. I just had an accident with mine where the guard fell off and the impeller was still spinning. Luckily, I kept my finger but ended up with 8 stitches. Please be careful!

·
Registered
98 Posts
PROPERLY detail your car by claying, polishing, sealing and waxing for the "ultimate shine" THEN properly washing and drying the car with a blower will keep your paint looking great with no water spots......... Also helps to use a "quick detailer" between washes.

A CLEAN CAR IS A HAPPY CAR!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone compare using a blower to something like a Metrovac Air Force blower? I have a Metrovac that blows 130 CFM. Seems like blowers can have a higher CFM but a less concentrated cone (?) of air.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anyone compare using a blower to something like a Metrovac Air Force blower? I have a Metrovac that blows 130 CFM. Seems like blowers can have a higher CFM but a less concentrated cone (?) of air.
It seems those Metrovacs are pricey for what they do, but I’ve never seen one used or have any experience with one. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
FYI I've always use my Rigid Shop Vac on blower with the same nozzle to vacuum the car and works great but didn't want to have to run the extension cord so I recently purchased the Greenworks 24282 G-MAX specifically to dry my car and it works great. The 40V battery last for about 40 minutes and charges in an hour. It's also very light at 4.6lb...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts