Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I?m currently working with a completely stock 6.1L other than a K&N intake. What kind of HP gains could I potentially see adding a tuner to the mix this soon in the mod stage.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I can't tell you HP but we got a Hemifever enhanced tune and it really woke the 6.1 up.Hits hard through the shifts.
Went from 4.9s to 4.4- 0 to 60.My son ran 12.9s in 1/4, temp 88 degree, 2500 DA .We're thinking 12.7s in good conditions.
Have a true cold air Cai and the tune with nitto summer tires and that's it.I belive it's all in the enhanced tune.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention this is a 6mt car. I?m asuming my 0-60 would be all about driver error. But you did feel a noticible gain as far as performance aside from shifting?

360 eh? And factory RWHP sis around 340-350 if I?m not mistaken, correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, looks like a DS will be my first official purchase for the car. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I just bought a stock 2008 6.1 challenger srt. I want to leave it stock but wouldn’t mind a nice tune. What is the hemifever enhanced tune you recommend? Where do I buy that? Is it better than a dyno tune? Thanks,
Richard2008srt

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't tell you HP but we got a Hemifever enhanced tune and it really woke the 6.1 up.Hits hard through the shifts.
Went from 4.9s to 4.4- 0 to 60.My son ran 12.9s in 1/4, temp 88 degree, 2500 DA .We're thinking 12.7s in good conditions.
Have a true cold air Cai and the tune with nitto summer tires and that's it.I belive it's all in the enhanced tune.
Where does a person get this tune ?? Also how expensive is this ??

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Where does a person get this tune ?? Also how expensive is this ??
Just go to Hemfever Web site.The tuner comes with an advanced tune,your just fill in your mods and information on what you want, shifts etc.You can do revisions too.Also they sell tunes for someone's existing tuner.

I also believe the legmaker true Cai has a lot to do with it with his tune.

This year at Mopars at the motorplex my son went 12.70 at 109.something MPH.
Just slightly better conditions than last year.Summer tires,HF tune LM CAI no more.
No BS.
Still not perfect conditions....The car had 125k miles on it at the time.

Somethings wrong with this WEBSITE.SLOW,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just go to Hemfever Web site.The tuner comes with an advanced tune,your just fill in your mods and information on what you want, shifts etc.You can do revisions too.Also they sell tunes for someone's existing tuner.

I also believe the legmaker true Cai has a lot to do with it with his tune.

This year at Mopars at the motorplex my son went 12.70 at 109.something MPH.
Just slightly better conditions than last year.Summer tires,HF tune LM CAI no more.
No BS.
Still not perfect conditions....The car had 125k miles on it at the time.

Somethings wrong with this WEBSITE.SLOW,
Thanks !! That sounds like a pretty cheap way to make some gains. I have only added a Mopar Cai and a Corsa Cat Back Exhaust to my car which is a 6 speed. Gonna check into this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are many under hood designs.The LM air cone mounts behind front bumper in clean ambient air.True cai.
That is where the air cone is on my Mopar CAI too. There are many true CAI's for the 6.1. Some aren't any better than stock though. I could notice the difference right away after I installed mine. Then I added the Corsa exhaust and that helped a little too. Both together probably didn't do significant gains but I'm thinking maybe 10-15 HP gain over stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts