Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the magnaflow 16886 system on my car, it has 3" pipe all the way through until the last 3", then it chokes down to 2.5" so you can fit the stock exhaust tip on there. Tuner wants to remove that 2.5" section and put on 3"+ out the backend to max out flow. I'm thinking of having my exhaust guy put together a pair of 3" magnaflow DTM tips together on a 3" Y pipe on each side, so quad DTM 3" single wall tips. I'm already doing BBS CH-R's, so I lean toward a german tuner look over old school muscle look. Probably have the tips staggered maybe 1/4-1/2" to hug the rear valance. Looking to use the magnaflow 35133 and have the shop cut off the 2.25" inlet to use just the 3" section.

Wondered what other challenger owners thought about a dtm setup :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I have the magnaflow 16886 system on my car, it has 3" pipe all the way through until the last 3", then it chokes down to 2.5" so you can fit the stock exhaust tip on there. Tuner wants to remove that 2.5" section and put on 3"+ out the backend to max out flow. I'm thinking of having my exhaust guy put together a pair of 3" magnaflow DTM tips together on a 3" Y pipe on each side, so quad DTM 3" single wall tips. I'm already doing BBS CH-R's, so I lean toward a german tuner look over old school muscle look. Probably have the tips staggered maybe 1/4-1/2" to hug the rear valance. Looking to use the magnaflow 35133 and have the shop cut off the 2.25" inlet to use just the 3" section.

Wondered what other challenger owners thought about a dtm setup :)
I think the tips will look cool and unique. Are they the round or rectangular tips? I am a fan of the BBS wheels so they will look sharp on your car. Be sure to post pics when you get everything installed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

3" round, single wall....I like the double wall look, but it doesn't seem like anybody does a dtm double wall that has a 3" interior wall at a reasonable price. Oh well, it's just the tips, if it turns out bad, I'll do something else.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I like the idea of your wheel choice. I wish there were more wheels in this style for our application. ....I really don't like the DUB look of some of the more popular offerings for our cars. I always wondered how Enkei RPF1's would look.

Anyhow, I don't know abut DTM tips. I never really liked them on anything other than DTM cars. ....and even then, ....meh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts