Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Killer, somone actually saw our site :smokin:

Nope, I haven't installed one on a Challenger yet. I've only sold 14 of these so far. I don't push them, they are very labor intensive to build. Each one is built to suite. At first it was fun, but got pretty tedious after a while.

All the work is 100% metal and the finish is powder coated, so any flaws in my metal work show big time. The tubing has three welds in each of them. There is no way of making the raduis into the collector on a machine, it's all done my hand.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I think this guy has my new favourite web site! Just update it with stuff for the 6.4 engine and I will be all over it.

Nope, I haven't installed one on a Challenger yet. I've only sold 14 of these so far. I don't push them, they are very labor intensive to build. Each one is built to suite. At first it was fun, but got pretty tedious after a while.

All the work is 100% metal and the finish is powder coated, so any flaws in my metal work show big time. The tubing has three welds in each of them. There is no way of making the raduis into the collector on a machine, it's all done my hand.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the site. Didn't know it existed until today, when I saw your signature in another thread. What caught my eye was the "we build stuff you didn't even know you needed". Very catchy.

And by the way, the work in the picture looks killer. I can only imagine they are a royal PITA to fab. But great job. :bigthumb:

Just curious, but how much (if any) improvement would a standard RT with the 5.7 see with this setup? And would it require a new throttle body? I did see on your site where it said for the 6.1/6.4 and high performance setups. What about using with a supercharger?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cams work is the best bar none!! His craftsmanship is awesome !!

I have seen this intake on Freebirdsrt Magnum first hand. But I cant see this exact one working on the new 6.4 due to the offset TB. BUT if anyone can do one CAM CAN !!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think this guy has my new favourite web site! Just update it with stuff for the 6.4 engine and I will be all over it.
Thanks!, Eric has worked his butt off building the site and it's coming together nicely. I have several pictures that I need to get to him to update our project section. I got some really trick stuff going on right now, so after Spring Fest, that section will explode with some of the wildest modern Mopar stuff to hit the street and track.

Love the site. Didn't know it existed until today, when I saw your signature in another thread. What caught my eye was the "we build stuff you didn't even know you needed". Very catchy.

And by the way, the work in the picture looks killer. I can only imagine they are a royal PITA to fab. But great job. :bigthumb:

Just curious, but how much (if any) improvement would a standard RT with the 5.7 see with this setup? And would it require a new throttle body? I did see on your site where it said for the 6.1/6.4 and high performance setups. What about using with a supercharger?
Fact is it will make just as much power as anything out there on a stocker. There are no secrets here. A motor needs X amount of air to work at it's most effeicient level. So this system for a stocker is more of a aesthetic mod only because of the cost. I've never dyno'd this unit on a complete stock car. But if you're into dyno numbers, look at AFE's numbers and that's a pretty good indication of the potential gains.

It doesn't require a new throttle body. The adapters I supply will work with the stock 80's or variations of and if running a 90 or 100, it's a different adapter. You just need to specify which TB. Also if running nitrous and you want bungs installed, I can do any configuration you can think of. And of course it's custom colored to your choice and everything is powder coated. Also it has a lifetime warranty, so if I out live this thing falling apart, your in luck. :thumbsup:

Another feature about the unit is there is a reason for the 90's at the collector and the flex coupling at the fender location where it attaches to the filter mount. This allows the engine to torque without anything moving, rubbing or coming loose. And the lower filter mounts have baffles that keep the hot engine bay heat off the filters.

The reason we listed it for the bigger builds is it's ideal for max breathing potential. To date it's never fallin short on every car it's run on or tested on. But now with the advent of the big CI aluminum motors, we're seeing a limitation. But this testing has been out of my hands and it's still undetermined if it's my CAI or the throttle body that is the restriction. So now I have a new idea for the collector that will flow more air and smooth out the transition into the Y. But I won't have time to build any until after March.

As far as the new 392 and the new manifold. That's not a problem, we just need one for a couple days for a mock up. And for a super charger if it runs off the stock drive system, I can build to suite. If it has it's own drive system, the tubing will not clear the upper radiator support.

Also in the next few weeks, I'll be releasing our sinlge sided CAI. Basically the same deal as far as custom colors with the fixed filter mount and baffle system. At least this tubing will be able to be mandrel bent so it will be much more cost effective.

Oop's sorry for the sale pitch bud, it just kinda of popped out.

BTW, thanks for the kind words.

Cams work is the best bar none!! His craftsmanship is awesome !!

I have seen this intake on Freebirdsrt Magnum first hand. But I cant see this exact one working on the new 6.4 due to the offset TB. BUT if anyone can do one CAM CAN !!
Thanks Scott!. But as much as I hate to admit this, Freebirds unit is not one of mine. That was built by Randi. Randi does nice work, but his unit is a body mans dream with tons of bondo to clean up the metal work. The finish product is very nice, but it's still paint and has no insulating value nor is the inside of the tube coated. But it does look killer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts