Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a few quick questions about exhausts. I've been digging through the forums for days to find answers but I wanted more specific answers that are mare heard towards my situation. First off I love my car, after I got back from basic training I picked her out straight off the plane home. I'm currently in college attending West Virginia University. The response that this car gets is surreal, from the Hondas and Mustangs that thumb it up, want to race, or, girls that want to get in and ride (which even gives my fiancé a kick). But more on topic, I have a 3.5L V6 2010 SE. With everything stock. I can't stand the exhaust on it, it doesn't give me that true rumble I want. Now I know it won't sound like a V8, but I would like some more presence from the exhaust, as much as I can get. I've been looking at Flowmaster dual exhausts for a while now, and from what I've see you can either revamp it straight from the engine or just get some mufflers. I'm looking for the best sound possible, what all do I need? Also, all I've gotten to do with it is order some Oracle led map lights extra brightness in Red, as I decided that I want red as an accent color. I have to save money because I have a little girl on the way due in May, so if I go heavy right now the lady would rip me a new one lol. Any & all advice is welcome. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
If I may say this, I'd hold off on spending any money especially making the car louder if you're going to have little ears riding in it.

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Try and see if you can hear systems in person as we all perceive sound differently. What I heard in sound clips are nothing like what my car actually ended up like.
Once you know what you really want someone here will suggest a place to okay the least you have to.
A big THANK YOU for your service and enjoy being a dad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You're in college, with a pending marriage and a baby on the way. You should wait a year, maybe a little longer, see how much you can save up and how much you can shave off your tax return(s) to apply towards a modification that really doesn't do anything to help your car. We all love our toys but we have to be mature about this and prioritize what's most important. Good luck--

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've decided on this model, well the only one that showed up after I went and looked under my year and model. Also, I would like the exhaust tips to be rectangular instead of circular, and how much would it cost to get the rear valence cut?

Product Details

Part#817459 if that helps any.
Save your money. Blastin' Bobs is really affordable.

Click this link to check out Blastin' Bobs for the V6...3.5L V6

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also have a 2010 SE. Was able to buy a Challenger dual exhaust system from a friend who put Flowmasters on his 2009 R/T. Paid him $75 for the exhaust (his cost to have his new exhaust installed). Paid $125 at the same shop (Muffler Man) to have them remove my single exhaust and install the dual exhaust. Cost was a bit higher as they had to procure some additional hangers and install an adapter for the different size pipes. Bought new tips online. I cut out the new opening on the rear facia with a Dremel tool and enlarged the opening on the right to match. Finished off the edges with flexible black door edge trim - looks professional. Love the sound and looks much better.

Check the "parts for sale" listings on this and other Challenger sites, or with your local muffler shop, for dual exhaust systems from R/T or SRT owners who have changed their exhaust.

PS: the friend then went and traded in his PCP R/T for a 2013 PCP 392.

·
Registered
442 Posts
exhaust

the guys make a lot of sense when they tell you to save your money for the baby etc...you will be putting them ahead of your toys for a few years until you get you a solid job etc....that being said if you get approval to get the exhaust i would recommend you go with the blasting bob dual conversion kit the one with the glasspacks and save yourself the $500 difference between the flowmaster set up and the blasting bob "best" set. All you need to do is just bump up your sound up.....if you try to hard to go loud it will not sound right....i think a bump up in sound and the fat dual exhaust tips will make that car sound and look great.......and the kit includes a template to cut out the opening for the dual exhaust....and trim it out with door trim (black or color similar to what you have). p.s. don't worry about mandrel bends.....and i think if you stick with a single muffler with dual outlets your car will sound better than trying to push out sound on (2) different mufflers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts