Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a few quick questions about exhausts. I've been digging through the forums for days to find answers but I wanted more specific answers that are mare heard towards my situation. First off I love my car, after I got back from basic training I picked her out straight off the plane home. I'm currently in college attending West Virginia University. The response that this car gets is surreal, from the Hondas and Mustangs that thumb it up, want to race, or, girls that want to get in and ride (which even gives my fiancé a kick). But more on topic, I have a 3.5L V6 2010 SE. With everything stock. I can't stand the exhaust on it, it doesn't give me that true rumble I want. Now I know it won't sound like a V8, but I would like some more presence from the exhaust, as much as I can get. I've been looking at Flowmaster dual exhausts for a while now, and from what I've see you can either revamp it straight from the engine or just get some mufflers. I'm looking for the best sound possible, what all do I need? Also, all I've gotten to do with it is order some Oracle led map lights extra brightness in Red, as I decided that I want red as an accent color. I have to save money because I have a little girl on the way due in May, so if I go heavy right now the lady would rip me a new one lol. Any & all advice is welcome. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You'll never get that deep booming throaty presence with that V6. It's just the nature of the beast. An aftermarket exhaust will help it sound louder and maybe more throaty, but won't have that beefy V8 rumble.

I think you'd be happier with an R/T. :woot:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
You wont get the V8 roar but you can get some good V6 souns. Check Solo Performance, they have a vid of a V6 Challenger and it sounds good for a 6

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Punter4Lyfe,

If you’re looking to give your Challenger a more aggressive, throatier sound, check out our cat-back system (part #140316) offered for your car. Our cat-back will give your Challenger added horsepower and torque. This system comes with polished tips, is made of high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless steel, and comes with our Million Mile Warranty. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll help you out. Happy exhaust hunting!

Challenger v6 2009-2010 Cat-Back Exhaust part # 140316

1 - 5 of 5 Posts