Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dual exhaust tips modification

13K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Miroresh 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I changed my stock tips to dual exhaust tips. Some people were asking for sound comparison. So I made a video.

https://youtu.be/QynhHI8DoEo

To me, it changed the tone a bit, making it a bit deeper on start and a fraction raspier on WOT.

#4 ·
To me, it made the the tone deeper. I didn't think simple tips would change anything, but it sounds good. I just have a dual Magnaflow competition exhaust. I love the deep bellows, but I just wish in retrospect that I would have gotten quad tips, just for appeal. lol

#5 ·
to me it made the the tone deeper, didntthink simple tips would change anything. but sounds good. I just have dueal exhaust, but a magnaflow competion exhaust, love the deep bellows, i jut wish in retro spec i woulda gotten quad tips just for appeal lol
You can. It's what I did to mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Question for you/all. Those are unequal length, correct? I always thought the longer one went on the inside, and the shorter on the outside? That they were unequal to compensate for the rounding of the body nearer the edge?

A Guy

#10 ·
Yes sir. Unequal length. I tried fitting it backwards and it didn't match the angle of the rear bumper and it looked silly. I then flip them to how I have them now and then they made sense.

#12 ·
I thought about these too and they are nice but I liked the round exhaust look vs the square.

Ideally I want a quad look like this but it doesn't fit our cars without a major bumper and exhaust modification. (Yes, I know it's a Corvette. No, I'm not a Chevy guy. Yes, Mopar or no car. No, I'm not trading in my TA. Yes, I understand this is a Challenger site, I just happen to like how quad pipes look together)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.