Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my understanding that the dual over-the-top stripes will also be available on the "regular" 2011 SRT8 (in silver and gray), is that correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think the regular srt's will get silver or gray dual "side stripes", not over-the-top stripes.......

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Regular SRT's will come standard with Full over the top Black stripes. The gray and silver are options (no cost options as of now).

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Dual/LeMans/Skunk stripes just make a car IMHO but what else would you expect me to say...

·
Banned
117 Posts
I like the double stripes but not on the roof. I also don't like the stripes on the bumper. It looks goofy how it is cut around the plate. They should have stoped it at the rear spoiler like Hurst does. just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i think the full double stripe is awsome and will make the car stand out even more on the road...i always found it alittle funny why the stripes were hood only..i do wish dodge left the hood stripe design the same as 2008-2010 and had the super wide stripes going over the roof/trunk...it would have made a difference between the shelby stripes and the challenger ones....instead they are exact duplicates. i do think they should be painted on too...charge me another $750 and paint them. when its $50k who cares if it was $50,750....i doubt any 392 owner would complain about paying a bit more to get painted stripes.

i cant imagine getting a stripe delete car....im even considering strobe side stripes for my ir392....the more flash the better....isnt flash why we chose the challenger over a blah mustang? the challenger stands out when it goes down the road...the mustang blends in

the license plate strip issue doesnt really bother me...getting a sun roof with roof stripes looks a lot more goofy to me....i think the sun roof will definately be a little more rare with full roof stripes...i wanted a sun roof, but knew it would look stupid...so i skipped it....also no sun roof in 1970(i think), so a more retro look

i dont see many people getting the stripe delete...same as before...dont think ive ever seen one on the road w/o stripes....i do see SE's with Srt stripes though

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
i dont see many people getting the stripe delete...same as before...dont think ive ever seen one on the road w/o stripes....i do see SE's with Srt stripes though
True!! But for me, I'll have to go stripe-less: just like my current SRT8.

If a car can't "stand-out" without bright colors, decals or stripes, then it's not an "out-standing" car to begin with.

Logically.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A) For $99 (if it is that cheap) you would have to do all the prep work.
B) The paint will fade in just a few years. You get what you pay for.
C) Earl Schibe is out of business.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dual gray center stripes r no cost option on toxic ,black,redline, or billet metallic. Dual silver centers on toxic , black, redline. Stripe delete is a 250 credit on all colors

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
...i think the sun roof will definately be a little more rare with full roof stripes...i wanted a sun roof, but knew it would look stupid...so i skipped it....also no sun roof in 1970(i think), so a more retro look
I agree the sun roof might not look right with the roof stripes. Never know until you see. In any case, will be interesting to see how many are stripe delete cars.

P.S. Yes, you could get a sun roof with a 1970 Challenger, option code M51. It was wildly expensive ($461 option on a $3266 Challenger R/T) so very rare. And it came with a vinyl roof to help hide where they cut thru the roof.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Challenger0023.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I hate sunroofs with an extreme passion. I have one in my Jeep that was already there when I got it and I have to park it under the porch so it doesn't rain inside it.:fight:

One of the preproduction IE 392's has a sunroof and it does look even more retarded and out of place to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damaged Stripes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, just joined. One of the stripes on my 392 came damaged. Of course I noticed when I got home from the dealer. The car was delivered in a snow storm. Let's just say someone was a bit rough brushing the snow off. I'm not sure if I should order a stripe kit from Dodge and try to repair it myself. It's not major, just super annoying.

Any suggestions. I just wanted the car so bad, I bought the first 392 on Long Island. Yes it has a sunroof, it's all good.

Matt

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts