Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmmm...interesting:

News: Hellcat cars: dual power modes?

Mike wrote on the Allpar forums that Hellcat-equipped SRT8s, due late this year or early next year, will have two power modes, which he described as “ street and kill. I believe the street mode is just a little more powerful than the normal SRT. Kill mode, as I call it, is just clinically insane.”
Would be awesome if the switch actually said "Kill Mode"...but that's just wishful thinking.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
All the hype, just build the car already. Until one touches the street they can change their plans.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Isn't this what was mentioned in the 2015 Challenger thread about the third key? You engage the third key for maximum performance? Unless I'm missing something here...

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
Isn't this what was mentioned in the 2015 Challenger thread about the third key? You engage the third key for maximum performance? Unless I'm missing something here...
Second key I thought, enables more power and maybe suspension adjustments and tire pressure check then you are good to go at max HP. Read up on the Bugatti Veyron, it has something similar.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Second key I thought, enables more power and maybe suspension adjustments and tire pressure check then you are good to go at max HP. Read up on the Bugatti Veyron, it has something similar.
Didn't one of the Boss Mustangs recently have the same feature (I want to say it was the Laguna Seca editions, but don't take that as Gospel).

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Didn't one of the Boss Mustangs recently have the same feature (I want to say it was the Laguna Seca editions, but don't take that as Gospel).
Yupp, it's the same feature that's in the Boss 302.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Someone want to tell me how they are going to manage such a gigantic difference in HP ratings? 500+/- on street mode and 660+/- on "kill" mode. How?

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
There's no intake valves on a Hellcat, uses some kind of controllable ports so will be easy to control flow, timing and fuel. The Corvette ZR-1 had a valet key to cut power and that was 25 years ago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
<<There's no intake valves on a Hellcat, uses some kind of controllable ports so will be easy to control flow, timing and fuel.>>

Have you seen any details on that? The actuators (or whatever) are visible above both the intake and exhaust valves on some pictures. There was speculation that this is a Multi-Air engine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOL- now I'm going to have to press ESP AND the KILL switch every morning. It would be nice to have all that crap connected to a simple toggle switch - which would stay in "retro mode" or "café friendly mode".

This feature was mentioned by RS in the 2015 thread a few months ago.

It isn't like the Boss because that only activates a different tune.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
160HP difference, no way. That is something I'll have to see to believe.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I think I read something about the supercharger being engaged with the third key in the 2015 Dodge Challenger Information Thread. Do you guys think it's possible?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
<<160HP difference, no way. That is something I'll have to see to believe. >>

That could easily be done by electronically controlling the blower's boost.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
160HP difference, no way. That is something I'll have to see to believe.
Why? It's no big deal. As already said, Corvette had a valet key on ZR-1 that knocked the power from 375 to about 200 when you didn't want somebody having access to full power, and that was over 20 years ago, really simple to do in a variety of ways.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts